PDA

View Full Version : headlights?

xX-Clutch-Xx
06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Alright, i went mudding last night and its was pitch black out. One of them had a 4x4 and it had foglights so thats what lit the place up. i just wanted to replace my stock head lights with brighter ones. i was looking at the trail tech handle bar lights. i dont wanna have to get the stator redone or anything

finsteratv
06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Lots of threads on HID and LED lights. Try the search bar bro

jake"08"400
06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Do the hid light upgrade you want regret it. Don't care what nobody says it works wonderful. But you got a older Tex so I'm not sure on yours but the 08 and newer it works great on.

finsteratv
06-05-2011, 01:36 PM
how much was the kit you chose^^?? and how complicatd was it?

4HundredEX
06-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
how much was the kit you chose^^?? and how complicatd was it?

I got a H6M slim kit off ebay for around $40. It works great, you can wire one of the lights to low and both to high, or as I did mine, both to Low beam. Only problem I have is sometimes I accidently hit the switch and switch them to high and lose all light. I may change it...

It a easy install if you are electrically inclined. There is thread on how to install them somewhere on here with pics. I would strongly suggest using a relay and running them directly off power from the battery as they pull some amps when you turn them on, but pull less than your stock lights once warmed up. I mounted everything under the "hood" off my 05. And it is a night and day difference literally from the stock headlights!

If you need any info on how to install them let me know. I can let you know what all you will need and the color of the wires on my 05 (should be the same as yours) and where to make all the connections on the relays also. Just let me know.

punk rock kiel
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
i got the 40 dollar kit in my 05 400ex and it lights up the trail ten times better than the stock crap did.

i didnt relay anything and i cut and spliced so they are both on when the lights are on. hi and lo dont make a difference once you got HID's