woodsracer144
06-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Wouldn't be hard to make....

hawaiiysr
06-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Saw one on ebay. It was on there for some time. Kinda expensive too IMHO

rayman375
06-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought about grabbing the one on ebay but my swingarm doesn't have the mount provisions for it.

hontrx265r
06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I've been both lazy on making stuff, and really busy lately but myself and others have got these in the works for the R. Mine will be billet though and replace the brake holder like the blingstar. I'm not going to tell you they are going to be dirt cheap though. Cost depends on how we decide to mfg. it.

250Renvy
06-05-2011, 12:03 PM
The one on Ebay sold, but you can buy new ones for not much more from Protectfabrications.

I'd probably just go with the blingstar if you don't have the mounts.

skyeryder
06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
GT Thunder makes them in poly material for the 450's not for sure about for the R

danhung11
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Mike,

I'd be interested in a few of these, keep me posted on availability and cost.

Thanks,
Dan

hontrx265r
06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
No problem, I'll try to finish the drawings this week so we can decide what we want to do. I'll take your guys input on them though. Would you rather have a full piece of billet and pay the price for that, or pay less money, and possibly have welds, or rough edges from h20 jet, or laser?

This is something I've thought of alot lately, I almost wanted to start mfg. parts that we already use with lower dollar processes, no p.c., no polishing etc.. Kind of like a "bedrock" approach to it.
usa made, recycled material a somewhat "green'r" approach to what we do. Don't get me wrong my bike is decked out in chrome and p.c. Just trying to thing of ways to make stuff that truely WORKS, but isn't always a deep pocket deal, for people that want good product.

I'm inspired at the track when I see younger kids, with low income families that are still trying to race, stuggling because of economy or whatever, but with raw talent. Unfortuanatly my pockets can't help in that way but if we could keep them chugging along longer without dnf's and cheaper parts, we can help to keep the sport that much more alive. At this rate its fading fast.

DnB_racing
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
No problem, I'll try to finish the drawings this week so we can decide what we want to do. I'll take your guys input on them though. Would you rather have a full piece of billet and pay the price for that, or pay less money, and possibly have welds, or rough edges from h20 jet, or laser?

This is something I've thought of alot lately, I almost wanted to start mfg. parts that we already use with lower dollar processes, no p.c., no polishing etc.. Kind of like a "bedrock" approach to it.
usa made, recycled material a somewhat "green'r" approach to what we do. Don't get me wrong my bike is decked out in chrome and p.c. Just trying to thing of ways to make stuff that truely WORKS, but isn't always a deep pocket deal, for people that want good product.

I'm inspired at the track when I see younger kids, with low income families that are still trying to race, stuggling because of economy or whatever, but with raw talent. Unfortuanatly my pockets can't help in that way but if we could keep them chugging along longer without dnf's and cheaper parts, we can help to keep the sport that much more alive. At this rate its fading fast. i would say the laser cuts would be fine as long as its something we could clean up ourselves and make look like it belongs on a classic, you dont have to do the finish work, if that helps keep costs down,

but that's just my opinion , what does anyone else think about the finish?

hawaiiysr
06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
I would be more then willing to buy a quality part "in the ruff" I would also be willing to buy the part unfinished. For example have the metal pieces cut and bent to spec and assembled, welded, and, finished by myself. This way it may even cut down on shipping cost.

danhung11
06-06-2011, 05:15 AM
In my opinion, functionality would be better than bling on a piece like such. It's hardly seen and will take a beating anyways. Whatever it cost to save on production.