PDA

View Full Version : oil leak

leakyvoodoo
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
i just did a build in the winter 416 12.5.1. runs really good. i have a little oil leak. like really not bad at all just pissed that its alittle wet ocd kinda. i am going to fix the base gasket i have stock head studs in now. should i put head studs from gtt and cometic gasket has a better base gasket that is also metal like head gasket and do the rings need to be replaced

CJM
06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I view it as extra insurance for most-you really need it with that kinda compression. The studs are known to pull out due to extreme heat. Not sure where you live, but if you get the studs from GTT Trapannis in waretown can install them for a reasonable price.

As for gaskets, make sure you get the cometic MLS gaskets. They are steel with a coating of rubber on them and the best gaskets you can get. I had a hard time finding mine cause they also sell paper gaskets for the EX. You can buy stock size as well.

Rings should be fine unless your smoking or the cylinder is all worn/gouged.

Also if I were you, invest in a larger oil tank like a CFM or UM and a Spal puller fan and mount it to your oil cooler to help keep the bike cooler.

leakyvoodoo
06-04-2011, 08:35 PM
i live in south jersey. i work in central jersey old bridge. gtt said i have to drill and tap new holes for the studs. where should i sent that to. or do u know anyone in jersey that dose it

CJM
06-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Order the studs from GTT and have trapannis racing do the job http://www.trapaniracing.com/

my buddy just had them do it, they do good work.