PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Axle Problem...Help!

08400ex'er
06-04-2011, 05:35 PM
So I got a new LSR axcalibar axle for my 08 400ex and just tried to install it today but the splines don't fit. I tried to push it through the carrier but it wouldn't go through so I tried to put one of the hubs on and it doesn't fit either. I then compared it to the stock axle and the splines appear to be a little larger then the stock axle. I verified the part numbers both on the box and the axle and they both match the 400ex part number on the LSR website.

So whats up??? Does the 08 400ex have a different spline pattern or did I just get a bad axle? Any suggestions? Anyone ever deal with LSR support or warrenty service?

leakyvoodoo
06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
call them if you have the warranty card your good

drew416ex
06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
When i got mine the hubs wouldnt fit so I called them and shipped it back. I dunno if they sent me a new one or fixed that one but it worked when I got it back.

81 clark racing
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
i belive the spline pattern is different

08400ex'er
06-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Well I had a friend come over who has a micrometer and we measured the old axle vs the new axle. There was a 20 thousands difference on the brake splines and 15-16 thousands on the hubs. So I called LSR and they will be sending UPS to pick it up so they can take a look at it. LSR mentioned striping the chrome on the axle and re-chroming it as they think a thick coating could be the problem but I hope they just send a new one as it would be faster.

Anyway thanks for the input and hopefully problem solved.