PDA

View Full Version : Any 2012 Rumors

YAMAHAVIPER
06-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Ihave been told of a twin cylinder sport atv spotted at a midwest yamaha dealership and also spotted near st joe park during the week testing ,when they tried to get near the bike the people covered it up and would not answer any questions,has anyone seen or heard any rumors?Yamaha will be releasing information on June 8th

scotturban
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
never heard or seen of it, ,,

BakerRacing40
06-07-2011, 01:57 AM
i've caught wind of a two cylinder 448cc engine. From what i've been told the pistons are two different sizes for multi-compression output. the first piston that the fuel/air mix comes to is the larger bore, its ignited and exhausted into the next cylinder where the exhaust is combined with another fuel/air mix and ignited again. the second smaller cylinder is a higher compression to allow the unburnt fuel in the exhaust to ignite easier with the new fuel/air being forced into the cylinder. the first cylinder has two intake valves and one large exhaust valve and the second cylinder has three intake valves and two exhaust valves. the intake valves are split into two stages on the second piston, two of the intake valves let exhaust from cylinder one in and after they've seated the one remaining intake valve takes in a heavy fuel/air load do to the timing and crank shaft design this will truly be a 6 cycle engine. meaning it will take 3 crankshaft rotations to finish the entire combustion cycle.

the cylinder is rearward facing, so that intake is on the front and exhaust to the rear. so the twin throttle bodies will gain air intake velocity for a denser air load. also the chain is on the right side and the rear brake will be on the left, the rear shock will be off centered to the left side of the swing arm and the exhaust will be on the right side with a pretty much straight shot from the head to the end of the pipe.

this new terma-ha as its been dubbed is a response to the emissions standards that are going to be put in place next year with no "grandfathering" in for early 2012 production models.. good new is showroom to your home its good for about 44 - 46 hp and with a tuned fuel map, "break-out" harness, the open tubed intake, and the free flow exhaust cartridge ( 3 bolts at the back side of muffler and it slides out, put the new in, 3 bolts back in and its done) it has been in the 66 -68 hp range. the break out harness is yet to be approved by ama so advertising might come later untill the last few details are buttoned up...

that's all i've heard about....

Red_250EX_Rider
06-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Possibly that old 500 Banshee rumor that went around coming true?

RichM1983
06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Any more updates. This sounds crazy!!!

scotturban
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Red_250EX_Rider
Possibly that old 500 Banshee rumor that went around coming true?

i think dirtwheels just made that up,

RichM1983
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by scotturban
i think dirtwheels just made that up,

DirtWheels had it as their April fools issue. Still have the cover. They did a helluva job photoshopping a quad that looked real