View Full Version : 2011 Ds450x Mx

DBF1972
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I am getting back into riding, and I have my eye on a 2011 DS450X MX. I will be racing the "B" class and the Senior 40+ class in one year. I have found some pretty good deals on the internet. Anyone have one, and give me some ride reviews, or "pro's and con's before I take the plunge and purchase one? Thank you all!

m0t0xk1d
06-04-2011, 08:15 AM
the 2011s have all the updates and what not so when they come from the factory they are good to go. When you buy one make sure you sign up for the racer program so you can get the motoworks slip on and the ecu.

Personally, I love my canam. they handle great and the suspension is so plush. the motor is great stock and has good power. kinda rides like a 2 stroke meaning that it has more mid range than bottom end so youll wanna keep it revved up. the bike you can tell is light and is easily movable in the air.

Go ahead get it! youll love it

florentino
06-04-2011, 04:04 PM
i have the mx set up and i love it.

buy a new ds with the race program.

i think that the ltr turns better then the ds. but the ds is so easy to ride and it will not wear you out.

the motor is really good is you keep it stock it will last.

scotturban
06-05-2011, 02:09 PM
we have a 08ds450 set up for mx that my brother races, I know its not the 2011 xmx, but a lot of the same stuff, and havent had any trouble at all with it, trashed rear axle bearings once thats it so far, no motor issues at all, You might want to check out ds450hq, they have a lot of racers on there that ride ds's, I know the only known weak parts I have really heard of is (probably fixed by 2011 model but im not sure) explosive clutch, a lot of people seem to put theres into limp mode, but Im pretty sure the mx models have the race ecu and people dont limp those, just check out that forum, a lot of good information on there,, good luck with whatever you choose

DBF1972
06-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

LTMFB
07-27-2011, 02:01 PM
ya, ds450hq is your best bet for answers....i have the 08DS450X and signed up for the racer program, which gets you most of what comes w/the xmx. They are GREAT bikes and do ride like a 2stroke. it reminds me of my old 250r in ergo's of the bike, and how you ride it. Great platform, and keeps up with most bikes. All of my buddy's ride YFZ450s and Hondas. they have about $4K+ in their engines and they only beat me on drags in the sand by a bike length or two. I also outweigh them by about 30lbs or so.

It is much more forgiving than other bikes, due to the weight and suspension. I think you'll love it!

xrxmxcx
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
the 2011s have all the updates and what not so when they come from the factory they are good to go. When you buy one make sure you sign up for the racer program so you can get the motoworks slip on and the ecu.

Personally, I love my canam. they handle great and the suspension is so plush. the motor is great stock and has good power. kinda rides like a 2 stroke meaning that it has more mid range than bottom end so youll wanna keep it revved up. the bike you can tell is light and is easily movable in the air.

Go ahead get it! youll love it

you'll find you keep breaking cams and grenading the top end because you keep the bike pinned the whole time and don't shift up....

dxcody
07-31-2011, 01:47 AM
i dont think he meant it like that dude