PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Quick!

gnhmoto
06-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I have an 07 TRX450R with Rage head +1 exhaust valves, stock intake, HC2, JE 13.5:1 piston. Stock bore and stroke everything has under 14 hours on it.

Now the problem. It will start, and run, but when i touch the throttle it dies. Everytime, it doesnt matter how much I touch the throttle it dies even if I choke it when its running it will die.

Any help. Ive tried everything. Thank you

DnB_racing
06-03-2011, 07:15 PM
to me it sounds like the switch on the carb slide or the thumb throttle is somehow disconnected or unplugged.
check that or just try taking the safety switch on the throttle housing and jump wire together,

here is a pic of how the safety circuit works, notice you need one of the switches to be made for it to work.. its for if the carb is open and the throttle is closed it will die, or vice verse..

im thinking the saftie switch plug is unplugged but to eliminate any future problems I would just jump out the thumb switch

TheLane
06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
That fixed it for me when it happened here!!

Does it shut right off, or does it bog then die?

gnhmoto
06-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
to me it sounds like the switch on the carb slide or the thumb throttle is somehow disconnected or unplugged.
check that or just try taking the safety switch on the throttle housing and jump wire together,

here is a pic of how the safety circuit works, notice you need one of the switches to be made for it to work.. its for if the carb is open and the throttle is closed it will die, or vice verse..

im thinking the saftie switch plug is unplugged but to eliminate any future problems I would just jump out the thumb switch

Im not sure I understand what you saying. The tps is plugged in. and those are the only plug ins on the carb

gnhmoto
06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
It shuts right off sometimes, and others just bogs. but just about every time it dies. hardly ever can i save it from dieing

DnB_racing
06-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by gnhmoto
Im not sure I understand what you saying. The tps is plugged in. and those are the only plug ins on the carb if its a stock harness with 14 hours then there is a throttle override system(tors) is a safety in case your free play in the cable is loose.
somehow its either unplugged or not jumped out properly ,,,
did you buy this quad new ? was there any work done to the harness? if safety switch is missing then the harness has been worked on

the carb should have a small pair of wires near the cable inlet if not then that's definitely part of the problem,,, there are many ways to by pass it you can do it right at the cdi and eliminate any chance of splicing in the harness

are there any wires to your thumb throttle housing

gnhmoto
06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
if its a stock harness with 14 hours then there is a throttle override system(tors) is a safety in case your free play in the cable is loose.
somehow its either unplugged or not jumped out properly ,,,
did you buy this quad new ? was there any work done to the harness? if safety switch is missing then the harness has been worked on

the carb should have a small pair of wires near the cable inlet if not then that's definitely part of the problem,,, there are many ways to by pass it you can do it right at the cdi and eliminate any chance of splicing in the harness

are there any wires to your thumb throttle housing

Ya this is a national quad. its got a lot done. theres 14 hours on the quad this year and on the motor. theres no wires to the thumb throttle and the only wires to the carb is the tps

DnB_racing
06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by gnhmoto
Ya this is a national quad. its got a lot done. theres 14 hours on the quad this year and on the motor. theres no wires to the thumb throttle and the only wires to the carb is the tps when did this problem start? what was done for work since it ran? have you ever ran this quad with these mods...

if it was me I would still just eliminate any harness issues by jumping out the safety circuit at the cdi maybe whoever jumped out the switch didnt take there time and there is an issue with it...
better safe then sorry just get rid of it at the closest point to the cdi and be sure!!! here is a pic of what to do read whats circled and try this... from your symptoms I would be surprised if this doesn't fix the problem, its sounds just like the safety is keeping it from getting above an idle... give gas it dies let it idle it will run is exactly what the tors will do ...I think the thumb throttle switch is somehow been unspliced or unplugged

gnhmoto
06-03-2011, 08:37 PM
when did this problem start? what was done for work since it ran? have you ever ran this quad with these mods...

if it was me I would still just eliminate any harness issues by jumping out the safety circuit at the cdi maybe whoever jumped out the switch didnt take there time and there is an issue with it...
better safe then sorry just get rid of it at the closest point to the cdi and be sure!!! here is a pic of what to do read whats circled and try this... from your symptoms I would be surprised if this doesn't fix the problem, its sounds just like the safety is keeping it from getting above an idle... give gas it dies let it idle it will run is exactly what the tors will do ...I think the thumb throttle switch is somehow been unspliced or unplugged

alright. that makes more sense. I'll go and give it a try. and let you know