PDA

View Full Version : jump help....

AtvRider21
02-20-2003, 05:08 PM
im goin to be making a woods jump and its gunna be a double about 7-8 feet high and i have some Q's. how long should the straight away be to hit it, how big of a clearing {far} should it be, how big should the landing ramp be, what gear/ throttle should i hit it at, thanks

AtvRider21
02-22-2003, 11:37 AM
come on guys please hep me i wanna really make this jump and start jumpin thanks peace

Jimmah
02-22-2003, 11:42 AM
First of all it's not the measurement of the jump that will determine how far/high you will go. More importantly it's the curve. Landing should be bigger then the ramp itself. What I would do is after you have it built make a landing and make the jump a table top. Once you learn the jump you can drag the ramp back and increase thedistance and also make it a double. No offense but it sounds liek you do not have this planned out. I would suggest hitting th edrawing boards.

AtvRider21
02-22-2003, 11:46 AM
lol the only reason i dont wanna make a table top is wont it take 2 long any otha suggestions thanks peace...

Nausty
02-22-2003, 11:49 AM
chances are if you have to ask what gear and how fast to hit something your not ready for it. You should be able to look at it as something on the trail and know how to get over it or climb it and whatnot based on your skill level. Plus jimmah is right a 4ft jump with a worn over lip and no curve will barely get you higher than the jump and other jumps can send you twice as far and twice as high based on the curve, lip, preloading and throttle control. Just start small and work your way up.

seven
02-22-2003, 02:43 PM
I agree with nausty,If you have to ask how to go big,chances are you will wreck doing it!

honda400exrider
02-22-2003, 02:47 PM
chances are if you have to ask what gear and how fast to hit something your not ready for it. You should be able to look at it as something on the trail and know how to get over it or climb it and whatnot based on your skill level. Plus jimmah is right a 4ft jump with a worn over lip and no curve will barely get you higher than the jump and other jumps can send you twice as far and twice as high based on the curve, lip, preloading and throttle control. Just start small and work your way up.

Nausty knows! lol. id have to agree 101%:devil

hessianmx111
02-22-2003, 03:18 PM
yeah naustys right if you have to ask what gear to hit it at you arent ready to hit it you just have to know yourself. a fifteen foot double should be a good start. also to get a feel of how the jump will make your bike react just blip over at a few times until you get enough courage to commit to clearing it.be sure to post some pics when you make it

ridered03
02-22-2003, 11:08 PM
yep listen to these to these guy and you will be in good shape, they know their stuff!!!

AtvRider21
02-23-2003, 09:11 AM
thanks guys ure real helpful im gunna make it like 3 1/2 feet tall at first with a 14 foot clearing around there and work my way up thanks peace. ill try to get pics

AtvRider21
02-23-2003, 09:11 AM
thanks guys ure real helpful im gunna make it like 3 1/2 feet tall at first with a 14 foot clearing around there and work my way up thanks peace. ill try to get pics