PDA

View Full Version : Help - '01 250EX Needle

strubby
06-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, when I cleaned the carb on the 250ex I remembered it having an adjustable needle. Picked up a used HMF full for my g/f's bike and was going to set the needle to fourth clip and pop in the 110 main. Problem, the needle only has THREE grooves and it's been running well on the 3rd groove stock, with UNI filter. Numbers on needle are 39B or something. Is this not the OEM needle?? I'm going to look and see if I can order the OEM from Jets R Us. Or is there a better needle to order? Anyone know the number of the correct needle by chance?

strubby
06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
OK, the FAQ's aren't 100% correct I guess, it probably varies through the years, or bikes. I searched and some others only have 3 grooves on their stock needles as well. So, does ANYONE know the number of the needle that has 4+ grooves? I can order all OEM Keihin needles from Jets R Us, but don't know which one to order. I already have my Keihin main, and prefer running genuine Keihin jets, so I DON'T want to order a 'jet kit', such as DynoJet. Thanks for any insight...