PDA

View Full Version : Default frame level vs too much preload.

muddymess
06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
iv always gone off GTThunders site on how to set up my suspension. The issue i have is that my rear tires are too large and its messing up my frame height. I plan on getting new tires but i have a race this weekend and would like some input.

They say that the quad should be 0 - 1/4 inch higher in the front. because of the oversized rears my frame is actually a little lower in the front and this is with the preload almost all the way down. Of course this make the thing stiff like crazy and vary high centered. iv almost rolled it sideways many times and have already rolled it backwards down a hill. If i put the preload back to where it was factory it would be about 2 inches lower in the front. Do you think it would better to run it that way instead of having the preload cranked all the way down?

cannondale27
06-03-2011, 08:41 PM
No.It is dangerous to run a quad with front lower.If you can afford to race you can afford rear tires.A old used set with worn out knobs will be better than running with front to low.Do yourself a favor and beg borrow or steal some tires.