PDA

View Full Version : Quick questionnnnn

dxcody
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok so i am getting gas mixed in with my oil, and my float does not seem to be stuck, is there any other thing that can cause this? also i wanted your opinon on something ........

have you guys seen the 450r's with the red front platic and black bad plastic? or the other way around? like todd demaree's race team? well i want to know if you guys think it would look cheap, or "tacky" to put white front fenders, and a black back fender on a 400ex.. just to kinda personalize it, mainly because i have never seen that before.. I dont want it to look like some of those cars you see driving around town with a blue door and a red hood and chrome door handles, ya know lol i was just wondering what everyones opinion on this was.. thanks.

greencow
06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I never saw that done so i cant say how good it would look but imo i think it would be a good combination.

CJM
06-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Your sure the floats not sticking? Clean the float needle and the carb out. Try turning your fuel off when your not running it and see if it helps sometimes the seat will get a grove in it which will let the gas seep by causing the carb to overflow and the gas will run down the intake and get in the sump I have seen this happen lots of times on lawn mowers also when it sits over night and you go to start it the next day does it start hard like it's flooded or does the exhaust spit out fuel vapor those are also signs of leaky carb

Otherwise if its smoking as well you need rings-gas is pushing past them. But the rings gotta be super bad if that happens.