PDA

View Full Version : Help me out fella's!!!!!!

Rcrazy
06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Postin this in the open section hoping for some unbiased opinions.

Ok guys here's my situation. I'm in the market for another quad...I've found 2 that I'm really interested in.

The first one is a 06 ltr w/ axis pro air's and lone star arms and axis rear shock, ported,hc piston,rossier pipe, cherry bomb, tires and rims, etc..Guy says motor is fresh and has 2 moto's on it... Says he needs to sell because he's moving, I've got him talked down to 2500 on it, which I thinks a steal!!

The second one is a arens framed trx250, with axis shocks, roll arms and swinger, esr 330r motor, i think hipers all the way around, basically the works...Guy says his bottom dollar is 3000, which again is a steal!!

Just looking for some guidence or advise from ya guys..I'd love to be able to go look at both and ride them but they are about 3hr's away from me in opposite directions..

Rootar
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
that first bike is either stolen, a huge POS with good shocks, or ragged out with a motor thats about to blow.

plan on rebuilding either bike or just bank on having an endless amount of nagging issues with either. In that price range nothing you get will be "fresh" and free of issue. so pick your poison.

Rcrazy
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Kinda my thoughts. But with the economy who knows. I sold a full pep lt 450r last year for 3000 just because I was hard up for cash. Bike was mint to!

ZeroLogic
06-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd do a vin check on the first bike or make sure it has a title.

LTandRaptorider
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
If they're good and not stolen, for those prices buy both! ;)

TheLane
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
the first bike with that motor is gonna be high maintenence. be ready for that.

Rcrazy
06-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Just talked to owner of the ltr. It has title! He had a shop build it for him. I talked to shop everything sounds pretty legit on it. From talking to the guy sounds like he's got more money than he knows what to do with so he's not really concerned on price just wants it gone.

You guys think the 250 will be more reliable? I just know it's getting harder to find parts for them. I've had to R's and know a lil about them but know basically nothing about the ltr's

m0t0xk1d
06-03-2011, 07:56 AM
if the suzuki only has a pipe, cherry bomb, porting and a piston it will be reliable. Thats only mild motor work. rebuilding once a season is all that will be necessary. dont let them tell you it wont. go for the suzuki. its one of the best bikes on the market with handling and center of gravity. for that cheap it should be a no brainer. you could probably buy it and resell it and make a grand if you wanted to.

Tommy Warren
06-03-2011, 08:31 AM
take the ltr!

it takes more than 2 strokes to get me hard:blah: