PDA

View Full Version : clutch bomb

slamdak8782
06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
:eek:

hartwill
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Ouch:eek2: tell us the story behind this one..

mohler
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Perfect example of why you need a Hinson basket. dang thats sucks bud

slamdak8782
06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
haha not so bad know I get to buy something better. Ok here is the story last ride at the end of fall last year Im riding some wicked evil old logging trail at a buddys house way back in the woods. It was evening. Im dragging old downed trees and other small stuff out of the way to see what is actually out in those woods. Well I got stuck in jagers higher than me and no reverse.... dang it. So I fiinally get her turned around only to get lost and stuck highsided on this big berm. Well its getting dark im standing on it rocking to get traction and giving it hell and the motor is getting hotter and hotter, I hear this creaking noise a pop and some other nasty garbage. So I get all crazy and give it even more.. So anyways I get unstuck and get on this pine tree needle slick hill and cant get over. Its a monster and little do I know two clutches are gone. So Im right at the top and cant push her out so I decide to walk it back so I dont flip because the brakes are barely holding me on this monster hill. Walking it back with the compression and then it overcomes the compression and takes off down the hill with me off of it, Thank God. It slams a tree killing my ac grab bar instantly. So know Im really pissed I get on it flog it for all its worth right over the hill no problem. Make it out of the woods load it in the truck and park it for the winter. Still had a blast and rode it like that a couple times. These things are beasts.

hartwill
06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh yea, nice. I'd pull the shrapnel out put the cover on it and tackle that hill again and show him 250Rs boss. Looks to me like that baskets got 9 lives left. Lol

slamdak8782
06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
yeah Im going to keep it for a spare. Already ordered up a basket on fleabay. Be up and running in no time. I saw you guys went up to Wellsville might meet you guys up there sometime with a couple of buddys and go riding

hartwill
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
We might be there this weekend. Me and my other buddy on his 250r were the only ones that go consistently. Them 4 pokers are scared. The more the marryer (spelled that wrong for sure).. let me know. You should see the looks we get, people that don't even know what the hell they are love these Rs up there.. my buddy is actually from Canton.

slamdak8782
06-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Well I can't this weekend because my ride is down butsometime this summer would be fun