PDA

View Full Version : Chain Saw

Honda4LifeWes36
06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Got a very old Homelite chainsaw today during Trash and Treasure. I pulled er and she was locked up so I tore it down just to see. It didn't look to bad so I lubed it up and she runs like a dream now.

What I want to know is will it lock up again all the time now or should the problem be solved for awhile? It runs good, good spark, piston in good shape, and the cylinder wall was way better than I thought it would be. One little scuff is all.

BlaineKaiser450
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
If it was the motor that locked up, it shouldnt do it unless it sits for a long time. I have my Grandpas old Homelite chainsaw bought new in 1964 and it still runs pretty good!

Honda4LifeWes36
06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Good deal. I hope she lasts a little bit longer. It makes it so much better that it was free.

Honda4LifeWes36
06-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Well it starts on first pull, real easily. BUT, she raps out right away. Messed with the idle screw, didn't do anything.

I am going to clean up the carb a little bit today and try to seal it up better between the motor and the carb. It seems to be a little loose in there.

Are there any other things to check out to stop it from rapping to 10,000 rpm upon startup lol!??!

Thanks.

LTandRaptorider
06-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Def sounds like a leak somewhere. It's revving out like that because it's running lean... Clean out the carb, put a new gasket on where it mounts to the intake.

slightlybent47
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
This has nothing to do with how it runs but make sure the chain stop is still in place. Sometimes these get worn out or broken or even taken off. If the chain comes off while your using it and the stop is not in place you could get hurt real bad real quick.

Sounds like a great find!

Honda4LifeWes36
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Well cleaned up the carb and replaced the gasket between the carb and the motor and still raps out.

I think I'm gonna stop messin with it LOL!!!

slightlybent47
06-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Try this site, and see if someone can help you.http://arboristsite.com/chainsaw/