PDA

View Full Version : C&D past the "Dummy Call" test

Mxbubs
02-20-2003, 03:52 PM
C&D gets my stamp of approval. They past the "Dummy Call" test.

What is the "Dummy Call" test? Its when you call a dealer and make them think you are plumb dumb when it comes to atvs, and get them to give you price quotes, if they give you the cheap price quote that you would hope they would give everyone, they pass. Most dealers are honest and cheap because they know many riders know better, but C&D proved to be honest just because that is how they do business, even though I gave them the impression I had no idea what a good deal would be on the parts I was asking about.

There has only been one other dealer to pass the "Dummy Call" test, and he is a recently banned member.:D

Kudos to Colby and Dusty.:cool:

Ben
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
:huh Who has failed this test?

Mxbubs
02-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Hehe, pretty much EVERYBODY.:(

Mxbubs
02-20-2003, 04:06 PM
P.S. I have spent over 30k on quad/quad racing in 3 years, too bad it took me 3 years to find a dealer I really like. ....Just think Colby, you could have been 30k better off!:eek: :D

02-20-2003, 04:09 PM
they take advantage of u if u dont know stuff about quads or bikes....they can tell ya whatever they want ....when i was about 9-10 years old i went into a local shop to buy a spark plug for my cr 80 and they charged me 7 bucks.... i didnt know that was alot and he told me it was a special plug...we dont do business with them any more...oh yeah the plug was a br8es abotu a buck back then....now i know the prices of just about everything im goin to buy..... i bet the guy pocketed the extra dough i gave him for the plug and went and got a ice cream cone, the fin son of a *****

knighttime
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
i think u should always just be upfront an honest with dealers. I would always quote someone who i thought was as u say a "dummy" cause this person will certainly cause trouble down the rode. Stuff like givin the wrong info, installing and breakin parts, etc, etc.

Pappy
02-20-2003, 04:11 PM
did you order anything or just waste his time:confused2

Rip_Tear
02-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
did you order anything or just waste his time:confused2

ahahahahaha, Good question. I just shut my eyes and give them money.... I hate seeing it all leave my wallet... :( I dont have any now...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Well I am glad that we past the dummy test :D :D
Who did you talk to?? maybe one of us is a dummy :confused:
Isn't it time you start another project...
You must not have ordered anything ???

Guy400
02-20-2003, 04:23 PM
I've spent over $19,000 on quads in 17 months and that doesn't include any mods on any of them. I just dropped over $500 with C&D and they treated me honestly and fairly. Of course, I did research to get a ballpark figure on what the parts roughly cost before I called them. The best part is Dusty gave me the best price the first time I called her. And the pics that were included were nice--oops, I wasn't supposed to tell:D

Pappy
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
And the pics that were included were nice--oops, I wasn't supposed to tell:D

wanna swap some pics...rico wont mind:p

i have ordered from dusty....and i was the dumb one:huh giving her a maxed out card was my test;) and they passed:devil lmao:blah

Colby@C&DRacing
02-20-2003, 04:29 PM
You must have talked to my wife because I am just the dumb guy that works in the back:D . By the way I want copies of those pics:( PLEASE. I have cash:D

Pappy
02-20-2003, 04:36 PM
pm me with offers:rolleyes: lmao:p

no i wont be responsible for the reaction you may have:eek: ive seen some wild stuff.....and rico didnt disapoint:D i believe i will get a heart bypass before his batchlor party:devil

Guy400
02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You must have talked to my wife because I am just the dumb guy that works in the back:D . By the way I want copies of those pics:( PLEASE. I have cash:D Colby, if you want the pics back you'll have to buy them from Hustler. They bid higher than you and are now the rightful owners:eek:

Doibugu2
02-20-2003, 04:44 PM
You know, the way I look at it, if your stupied enough to buy a $7 spark plug, then thats your own fault. Businessed are in the business to make money. I don't think you should be tricked or anything like that, but if I can get $7 for a spark plug, then thats what I am going to sell them for.

Because like Knighttime said, there are times where you give someone a great deal, and then something happens and it ends up costing you the end.

And its people like you MXBUBS that makes prices for parts higher than they need to be. I would bet the #1 expense for C&D is payroll, and if they are on the phone wasting there time with you, it may cost them a sell becuase someone else gets a busy signal. Remember that:eek: :huh :grr :chinese:

Freeride, I just used you as an example, no offense I hope

Pappy
02-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Colby, if you want the pics back you'll have to buy them from Hustler.

sweet.......im a life time subscriber:o

derekhonda
02-20-2003, 04:52 PM
thats not what he said, he said when he was younger and that they took advantage of him. There is a difference between selling them all for 7 dollars then selling them for 2 dollars to everyone except for people who look like suckers.

Like when i was rejeting my carb, and i bought a jet three different times, amazingly a 150 was 3 dollars, a 155 was 3 dollars, but a 160 was 7.50. So when i asked about why this one was nearly twice the amount he said hed check the price book and there it was...3 dollars. Sometimes the people workin the counter could pass something off like that and make themselves lunch money.

Doibugu2
02-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Derek, I understood what he said, I still stand by what I said. You may not agree with it, but its reality. You have to go into every situation thinking this guy is going to screw me. Why do you think good salesman much so much money, becuase its an art.

Pappy
02-20-2003, 05:02 PM
oh yeah a good con...i mean counterman can make a store a chit pot full of cash. its not right...prices should be clearly noted and followed. but thats part of the reason you deal with someone like c&d and others that you trust.

****...i dont even ask for prices anymore:huh

Ben
02-20-2003, 05:47 PM
****...i dont even ask for prices anymore:huh [/B]

Please send me your credit card number, I have some products to sell you :blah

Pappy
02-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Please send me your credit card number, I have some products to sell you :blah

hahahahaha.........taco say...never trust chinese man:chinese:

lmao:blah

Ben
02-20-2003, 06:04 PM
hahahahaha.........taco say...never trust chinese man:chinese:

lmao:blah

You are in luck because I am Japanese according to Taco :blah So send that badboy over here :devil

Taco
02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
lmao:chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :confused2

Pappy
02-20-2003, 06:45 PM
i get it now.....this is ben------>:chinese:

muhahhahahaha:blah

02-20-2003, 06:52 PM
man i was a lil kid, i didnt know any better, i trusted the guy and he took advantage of me, imagine somone doin that to your kid, ud be pissed its not liek he was askin 7 bucks for everyone

say your wife comes in....shes picking up a new helemt for u ....the dealer pulls a 70 dollar helmet off the shelf he tellls her its top of the line, she takes a lil extra money because she wants u to be safe pays the guy 250 bucks for it, she brings it home and its a cheap helmet, r u gonna tell your wife shes dumb? i mean that would be your arse lol,

no offense taken doibugu

Pappy
02-20-2003, 06:56 PM
that happened to me freeride.....i sent my wife to the parts store for 2 header gaskets.....i pay about $8 for them.....they charged her $17 each:mad:

i went there and got my money back...and they lost a customer.

Mxbubs
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Derek, I understood what he said, I still stand by what I said. You may not agree with it, but its reality. You have to go into every situation thinking this guy is going to screw me. Why do you think good salesman much so much money, becuase its an art.

Its okay, I understand. No one ever taught you anything about INTEGRITY.:D

P.S. I spent around 250$ this week with C&D.

There is nothing else I can buy for my Quad!:eek: :D :D

hessianmx111
02-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
You know, the way I look at it, if your stupied enough to buy a $7 spark plug, then thats your own fault.
:

dude my bikes stock plug is a 7buck plug and ive seen it in dennis kirk as the same price so i know im not gettin ripped and on top of that it lasts a whole lot longer than a splitfire.so:blah

Foxrage
02-20-2003, 08:05 PM
I hate walking in dealer shops being 15 and them giving me outragous prices thinking i will pay for it. I once asked how much for some ufo plastic for a 300ex they told me 500 bucks i walk out of there tellin my mom what a GD rip off. Any way i think that any dealer like that dont deserve my business and havent bought from them since.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-20-2003, 08:38 PM
don't feel bad guys I have a customer that rides a rm125 the stock plug for that bike is $26 bucks my cost what a rip off. I sold it to him for that becuase I felt bad that it was so spendy.:) As far as wasting my time I don't feel that way about any call wether they talk for an hour and still don't buy anything or not thats what we are here for:) Some days we are just busier than others.

bigbadbrad
02-20-2003, 08:42 PM
that is why you do what i do when i go to the dealer. usualy if it is my mom does not want to come in so she waits in the car, and my older brother if he brings me he is looking at the bikes, and my dad if he brings me he will look at the 4x4 atvs so what i do is when they look up the parts in the book i usauly ask to see the book and i see what the price is. they might not like it but oh well they put up with it if they want me to order a part from them. and i stand where i can see the computer screen when he looks up the part so i know if it is the real price. and i know what i am talking about also so that helps. what pisses me off is when i was looking at 4-wheelers with my mom they gave me a ridculios(sp) price, but when i went with my dad they gave me a better price. oh well they are just trying to make a buck.

02-21-2003, 06:51 AM
Well bubs if the test is over why you still actin like a dummy????:devil

Doibugu2
02-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
man i was a lil kid, i didnt know any better, i trusted the guy and he took advantage of me, imagine somone doin that to your kid, ud be pissed its not liek he was askin 7 bucks for everyone

say your wife comes in....shes picking up a new helemt for u ....the dealer pulls a 70 dollar helmet off the shelf he tellls her its top of the line, she takes a lil extra money because she wants u to be safe pays the guy 250 bucks for it, she brings it home and its a cheap helmet, r u gonna tell your wife shes dumb? i mean that would be your arse lol,

no offense taken doibugu

Ok, I have some integrity but not alot. I know what you guys are saying and I agree. But if that was how business was done, everthing would be like the car dealer Saturn.

We would only need 1 ATV dealer, 1 Car dealer, etc etc. No matter where you went the prices would always be the same. But I believe thats called a monopoly. Where you only have 1 option to buy things from. I have been screwed many a times myself, and life is a learning experience. But you have to be smarter than the guy your buying from.

Like Pappy said, he sent his wife to get some $8 gaskets and she came back with $17 gaskets. The dealer took the option to bend her over (:eek: ) and the after effect was he lost Pappy as a customer. Its a gamble for both sides.

Its also hard to explain what I really mean here:ermm:

Glow Plug
02-21-2003, 08:55 AM
i hate my dealer they wanted to charge me 25 a shoe for drums and i needed 4 arggg so i went to the other dealer and it was 50 bucks for the 4 :D

Mxbubs
02-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well bubs if the test is over why you still actin like a dummy????:devil

I am a prime example of what too much alcohol will do to a man...

Rico, take note.:devil