PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Bars with Pegs, Aftermarket pegs and nerf bars for the 1986 to 1987 TRX250R

etccb
06-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Finding these for the 86-87 has been a problem. XFR will make some up quickly for you with 2" wide pegs but the pegs are in the stock location. This is great and will work for some but I am looking for something that will relocate the pegs down and back. Heck, in 1987 I had a set of CalFab nerfs with pegs that were relocated down and back. chassisfabinc is on board to help us out with pegs but those are also in the stock location and a nerf that will work with them is being located. JoePA is working on that for us. Possibly the X-Factor but that has yet to be confirmed. What is out there in todays market? Maybe we can all work together and find a mounting kit from this one and then this nerf to work for us. socal did this with a ac mounting kit that I don't think we can get any more and yfz nerfs here.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=464921

So what can we do with what is out there today???

socal
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
As far as going further down,that is a tough one because the pro peg type,like my Raths,are already at the bottom of the chassis and going lower than that would create a ground clearance issue!As far as going back,not sure?If im remember correctly,any pro peg setup does move the peg location back a bit?How tall are you?Im 6-2 with a 32 inseam and positioning feels perfect!

etccb
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
6'3"
1/2" makes a big differance. I am going to be doing something even if it's wrong very soon.

EDIT: I talked to Lew at Chassis Inc today and a nerf bar manu. This may all work itself out. I will update when I have more info.

JoePA
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
believe it or not the YFZ stuff is really close to the 250R locations. I'm currently trying to get a set of TUSK YFZ nerfs to fit and they are close but the front bend od off slightly.

I have a set on the quad now...I'll take a pic later. I'm unsure of the brand as the came with the quad and wouldn't fit with my old stock pegs. I tried them last night for ****s and giggles and dam they are close!!! If Lews WIDE pegs were back that 1/2" they would bolt up perfect!!!

Keep us posted what you and Lew come up with. I can say this. Lew is great to work with and is excited as we are with getting things fabed up for the R.