PDA

View Full Version : how do u guys make your airbox boots?

800screws
06-01-2011, 06:46 AM
the setup im using now is a custom airbox with a lt500 boot then a piece extending the boot to the carb with a couple cable clamps...i would rather have one custom boot running from the airbox all the way to the carb with no extension piece....what can be done? i know people use automotive hoses, but i dont think that will work with an airbox and then a carb...the diameters would be too different?

whats everyone doing to make it sano? any ideas? pics?

mx Eli
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
try a yfz boot

pinitatv
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Here's an intake tube I build for my hybrids. Its very similar to the ones baldwin made for the Leager CRF/YZ's.

I started making larger cones as well so I can use a larger yfz filter I just haven't completed the whole intake track yet.

800screws
06-04-2011, 07:43 AM
just realized i posted this is the wrong section! if any mods can move it to the normal hybrid section...

anyway what material is that? can it be done with thin aluminum?

would it be possible if i sent u the lt500 with adapter u could make one off of that?

pinitatv
06-04-2011, 08:09 AM
This one is thin SS I could make of alum if that's what you want

What frame moto combo are we talking about?

I could try to duplicate a lt boot only concern is with the boots sometimes they need to flex some to fit and obviously the alum or ss isn't going to so it would have to be perfect. Maybe tough without the machine in front of me.

800screws
06-08-2011, 01:07 PM
now what do u do to each end so it can be clamped down? sorry for so many questions....

pinitatv
06-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Silicone hose to the carb and the rear slides into a 250r air box.