PDA

View Full Version : Does any body have a Lonestar DC-2 Swingarm?

dtowndiesel
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey Guys, I have a LSR DC-2 no link swingarm and a LSR no link frame and I'm curious how long my rear shock needs to be.

I called Axis in anticipation of ordering a new shock and they have two different lengths for the DC-2 swingarm, 17 1/4" or 17 5/8". His only explanation for the different shock lengths was that they were for different ride heights.

I'm curious if anybody has a DC-2 no link swingarm, what length your shock your running, and what does your ride height look like?

Your Help is very much appreciated! Thanks, Doug

4wheelmx
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
My no link shock is 17 and a half inches long. LSR no link frame and LSR swinger.

dtowndiesel
05-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelmx
My no link shock is 17 and a half inches long. LSR no link frame and LSR swinger.

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a picture that I can see? I would love to see what your swing arm looks like and get a feel for your ride height, if you want to text it to me or email that would be great! Thanks

4wheelmx
06-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Give me a day or so to get pics .I have my swingarm off right now to replace the front bearings. Send me A PM with your E-mail address and I will send pics.

dtowndiesel
06-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Give me a day or so to get pics .I have my swingarm off right now to replace the front bearings. Send me A PM with your E-mail address and I will send pics.

Thank you, I will send you a PM with my info! Where is the shock mount located on your swingarm, is it on top of the swing arm rails or is it towards the bottom side of the swingarm? Mine is located on top.

4wheelmx
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
My shock mounts on the top side of the swingarm.

dtowndiesel
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
My shock mounts on the top side of the swingarm.

Perfect, I look forward to seeing the pics!

hontrx265r
06-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Call axis back and ask if the difference is in the body, or the shaft. If the difference is in the body look at it like this. mx go with the shorter, trails or desert, go with the longer. If its in the shaft go with the longer cause that means more travel.

norcalduner
06-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Here is an old school DC-2 swinger on my old school JP chassis originally set-up years ago for MX but now my daily duner lol. The shock length is 17 5/8 inches.

dtowndiesel
06-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by norcalduner
Here is an old school DC-2 swinger on my old school JP chassis originally set-up years ago for MX but now my daily duner lol. The shock length is 17 5/8 inches.

Thanks for the pic! I'm going to pm you my contact info...I have a few other pics I want to share with you.