PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Mxjunkie
05-31-2011, 06:54 PM
First start up my 250r will be warmed up ready to go, I pop it in gear and it jumps and stalls, after that its fine.. always does it the first time I start it up and put it in gear and only then, during riding and after riding it's fine.. clutch doesn't slip one bit and I don't baby the thing by any means so I'm sure the clutch is in good shape..

I'll eventually tear it down to see whats wrong but just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, the only thing I can come up with is the basket has grooves cut it in from the plates and it's causing it to stick?

If anyones had the same thing go on let me know what you came up with lol it's not a big problem right now and it doesn't bug me tooo much but I'd like to figure out just wtf is causing that..

tex250r
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Does the clutch lever feel the same before and after? Has it been sitting any?

rayman375
05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Mine did that when I first got it, and was told by someone else that the clutch sticks sometimes when they sit a while. I've since replaced the oil with a synthetic and it doesn't do it anymore.

Mxjunkie
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Ya it'll sit for awhile since the front end is still ehh.. been hunting a front end for awhile now so it'll sit for a month or two then I'll go out and fire it up.. neighbors don't like the trx6 much so ehh lol..

the lever always feels the same just sticks, that fluid thing sounds about right though :)