PDA

View Full Version : Acerbis rally brush guards ??????

12-04-2001, 01:56 PM
I just ordered some brush guards. Do they mount up pretty easy to 400ex bend handlebars or say anytype of handlebar besides a protaper or tag,,motocross bend,,,you know with NO crossbar???

Also do they get in the way when reaching for the clutch or front break??

400exRacerX
12-04-2001, 02:26 PM
I had them on my tag bars and they are very easy to mount, but I didn't like them because whenever grabbing for the clutch it would get in the way for me. So I sold em.

CBRSLIDER
12-04-2001, 02:49 PM
Rico,
I got the Rally Pro's and they are really nice. I had to get the ATV adapter to get them to fit my 400ex bend Renthal's. It is actually a bolt with a female end(about an inch long) on the head side of it. It just pushes the guard out further from the brake rezzie and the stock clutch assembly. The adapters are pretty chicken **** material. It is a very cheaply made powder metal. I twisted off on of the female ends fromt he bolt part just putting them on. The adapter's were like $15 but I ordered everything thru Acerbis. Wrong move on my part, I got raped. I had over $140 into the guards.

Performance wise(probably what you were looking for before I began to rant) They are awesome. I noticed that the front stock brake lever end rattles on the bottom of the guard but that's it. They work really nice. I have smacked trees with them and they have saved my hands. Alot better than the maier or others that are just attached to the bar once. The two mounts on the bars are nice and sturdy(beside the once broke now fixxed adapter). I never have a problem with them getting in my way with grabbing the levers and have used them in two cross county races. The guards look good and the aluminum molded in the plastic is strong.

Well there's my 3 cents worth. I have to learn to be more concise and quit rambling.

Ray

inacoma91
12-04-2001, 04:16 PM
Hey where did you guys order them from?? Where do you think has them the cheapest?

Thanks
Thunder Racing

Tommy 17
12-04-2001, 07:15 PM
rico if u bought just the rallys ones u go the wrong ones buy the really pro they have metal inserts in the middle of them thats impossible to break. i have them mounted on my 400ex renthal bars wit out anything special... its what the kit came wit they mounted up in 5 mins. i didn't buy anything special...

if u buy these order from rocky mountain they are like 65 there everywhere else is 79.99... i don't have the spoiler yet but i soon will...

Tommy 17
12-04-2001, 07:19 PM
o and i fogot to say sumtin too rico they seem to help alot my hands never get hit at all and they don't get in the way of ur clutch or brake at all. i have not had a problem wit them yet i love them.... they don't get in the way at all... heres anohter pic of them...

12-05-2001, 07:16 AM
I got the acerbis rally brush guard set from rocky mountain atv. they got pics of them out there,,,I looked at the pro guards but it says dirt bikes only,,so I got the others,,if I get them and they don't mount up worth a crap I"ll send them back.

MOFO
12-05-2001, 09:38 AM
Rico,

I'm not sure what your local MX rules are.....but out at my local MX track, they will stop you if you have hand guards on that have the full metal bar that attaches to both sides. They dont allow this because too many people have busted up their rists when they get caught up landing bad or when their hand slips off. Just something to keep in mind....

Eric

beerock
12-05-2001, 10:28 AM
here they are in black, I love them, I bought them so I dont get tangled with another rider, and if I crash ZI dont have to worry about breaking my perches

beerock
12-05-2001, 10:31 AM
breaking wrists from hand gaurds? :huh there allowed in the gncc class, travis spader uses them along with a bunch of others.

beerock
12-05-2001, 10:34 AM
Rico, there are two versions out of the acerbis rally pro hand gaurds. make sure you get the newer versions.

thats what I have, they are a little more stylish than the older versions

12-05-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Rico,

I'm not sure what your local MX rules are.....but out at my local MX track, they will stop you if you have hand guards on that have the full metal bar that attaches to both sides. They dont allow this because too many people have busted up their rists when they get caught up landing bad or when their hand slips off. Just something to keep in mind....

Eric

Well the track that I race at is run by a bunch of morons,,,if you can ride the bike in on it's own,,then you can race it. They don't care whats on your bike as long as you can ride it. And I don't know if I'll have them on all the time or more for trail riding and riding when it's cold,,that's the main reasons,,racing I'll have to see how it goes while on some practice tracks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when that might be who knows....:mad:

MOFO
12-05-2001, 11:29 AM
I dont run a set of hand guards, but one of my friends put a set on and we went up to the MX track. They made him take them off because of that metal brace. I figured that was just a local rule that the owner set. Just trying to put my $0.02 in... :D

Eric

TRFOXX
12-05-2001, 12:25 PM
I like them, they have protected my hands many many times!

Tommy 17
12-05-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I got the acerbis rally brush guard set from rocky mountain atv. they got pics of them out there,,,I looked at the pro guards but it says dirt bikes only,,so I got the others,,if I get them and they don't mount up worth a crap I"ll send them back.

rico they say that but they really work perfectly fine its just so they can make more money off u... they say u have to buy a special kit but thats not true...

beerock when u say to buy the rally pro 2s u are talkin about a whole differnt handguards.... they don't have the metal backing they are like the reg rallys just plastic... the rally pro 1s are the only ones wit metal lining on them like me and u have...

12-05-2001, 02:06 PM
Well I don't think I got the same thing as you guys,,,I got the rally brush guards,,,not the rally pro or rally pro 2,,these only cost $50,,not the top of the line ones,,If ya go out to acerbis's webpage you'll see the different types out.

Tommy 17
12-05-2001, 07:07 PM
ya u got just rally they don't have the metal in them...