PDA

View Full Version : for the supermoto/motard guys

krt400ex
05-31-2011, 01:49 PM
i'm thinking about selling the quad or finding someone willing to trade me for a ktm525 supermoto bike, or possibly a crotch rocket(if someone is willing to trade). what i'd like to know is, what do you guys pay for insurance? i'm trying to figure out if the difference in fuel mileage between an f250 with a 351 and a bike will be enough to offset the insurance cost. thanks guys

fastredrider44
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
40-65 mpg with my 04 525 supermoto. Avg is around 55mpg.

84 bucks a year for liability.

witech
05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
You want to commute with a supermotard? I use my tard to go to work but its only a 5 mile round trip. For any amount of distance or hyway I would go with a street bike. You will pay more for tires and tickets than insurance or gas. Motards are just plain evil enabling machines. At least mine is . PURE EVIL...:devil:

fastredrider44
06-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by witech
You want to commute with a supermotard? I use my tard to go to work but its only a 5 mile round trip. For any amount of distance or hyway I would go with a street bike. You will pay more for tires and tickets than insurance or gas. Motards are just plain evil enabling machines. At least mine is . PURE EVIL...:devil:

Absolutely! At least I go 12 miles to work on curvy roads. They will get you in trouble faster than you will know what to do with yourself. I don't park mine outside for certain reasons.

slainwarrior
06-01-2011, 09:56 AM
im from nj and dont own a streetbike but a few of my friends do and im pretty sure they only pay 200-300$ a year

onefast400ex
06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Supermotos enable you to travel from point a to b in the straightest possible way lol. Insurance is $240 for me and the gas mileage is 65-75. I transport on a drz400sm and if you gotta go on a highway where the speed limit is 65+, it's not a whole lot of fun. Besides highways, it's a whole lot of fun and imo is safer than a streetbike in a city environment. They're tons a fun and you will put a smile on your face.

krt400ex
06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
its 7 miles to my job and i dont usually go far. only time i ever go to the mall is for a movie and the highway speed limit is 55 anyway. my choice is between a supermoto style bike or else a 600cc sport bike. depends what i can find for trades or if i sell the quad, depends what i can find to buy. i quoted insurance for an r6 yesterday and it was $42 a month which isnt too bad imo