PDA

View Full Version : outlaw hubs

525polaris10
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
so i am in a bit of a pickle. i bought rear hiper beadlocks, tech 3 5x3 10". i am trying to make the rear as wide or wider than my front with my rath a arms. i have a 2010 irs. when i went to mount them on the bike they don't sit flush against the hub. since the inside of the hiper wheel is not flat and it is almost beveled i need a half inch inside the wheel to make everything fit. so now i am left with a decision to make.
do i buy 1" wheel spacers which i do not want to do.
OR
do i buy extended 1" hubs.

can someone that knows about these options please help me out?
what are good brands of hubs? and what will fit the irs? i am def leaning toward the hubs because i think it will be a more solid application.

OutlawBill
05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 525polaris10
so i am in a bit of a pickle. i bought rear hiper beadlocks, tech 3 5x3 10". i am trying to make the rear as wide or wider than my front with my rath a arms. i have a 2010 irs. when i went to mount them on the bike they don't sit flush against the hub. since the inside of the hiper wheel is not flat and it is almost beveled i need a half inch inside the wheel to make everything fit. so now i am left with a decision to make.
do i buy 1" wheel spacers which i do not want to do.
OR
do i buy extended 1" hubs.

can someone that knows about these options please help me out?
what are good brands of hubs? and what will fit the irs? i am def leaning toward the hubs because i think it will be a more solid application. my tech 3 fit flush sound like some thing is wrong with the center disk, nobody make a rear hub for the IRS you will have to go with the wheel spacers

525polaris10
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
anyone know if front 1 in wheel spacers will fit on the rear, i cannot find any 1in rear spacers.

OutlawBill
06-01-2011, 06:49 PM
anyone know if front 1 in wheel spacers will fit on the rear, i cannot find any 1in rear spacers. just Google 1 inch atv wheel spacers they are many out there just make sure the bolt pattern is 4/110

TheLane
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
because of that lip i have had that problem. all i did was take a dremmel to that lip on the hub and grind it down. bingo, no more hub problem.

and having your rear wider then your front is going to make it awful tippy : /

525polaris10
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Its the lip on the inside of the wheel that hits the arm. Not the hub itself. That's y it wont sit flush

OutlawBill
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
do you have dual bead locks? I just have a outer single

525polaris10
06-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Just single. Same as urs but a 5x3. U have a 4.5x2.5. Urs are 7in wide. Mine are 8. 2009 has 10in x 8 with a 6.2x1.8 or something close to that. Because I went with the stock 10x8 size and the 5x3 it throws it off a bit. The inside piece of the wheel is almost beveled. The stock rim is basically a cylinder as opposed to the hiper which is kinda like a cone. Because that cone is there u need 4.5in inside so it can sit flush. That .5 of an inch inside is the prob. So a 1in wheel spacer will be fine until someone makes a extended hub for the outlaw.

TheLane
06-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I still dont get why you want the rear wider than the front?:confused:

525polaris10
06-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Well if I extended the front by 2.5in (like i said i got the rath arms on there) the back wouldn't be as wide. So to make it even all around the offset I got on the rims would equal everything out and make the rear the same as the front.
Now that it doesn't fit correctly to make it work I had to order the spacer which will now bring the back .5in wider than the front.

TheLane
06-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Well if I extended the front by 2.5in (like i said i got the rath arms on there) the back wouldn't be as wide. So to make it even all around the offset I got on the rims would equal everything out and make the rear the same as the front.
Now that it doesn't fit correctly to make it work I had to order the spacer which will now bring the back .5in wider than the front.

I know you dont have much of a choice at this point, but on the last IRS i rode where the rear was wider than the front it was VERY pushy in the corners. When the rear is wider then the front youve pretty much made a triangle type figure where the front cant control the rear as well, so you will find yourself turning your bars and nothing happening...

like i said though, doesnt sound like you got much choice..:ermm:

525polaris10
06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
.5in is not going to make a difference in your triangled theory here. Plus the rath arms have a caster adj. And mine are slightly angled in. You should make your own tread for the people that want to switch there stock rims around to make it 10in wider than stock. Then your theory will be correct and they will also break there hubs in half wit all the weight.

TheLane
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
1 inch made a difference. I'm just saying buddy it
Might make it push in the corners.

( ps most people have their rear narrower than their front even if it's just 1 inch for a reason, your going the opposite, have fun )