PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

Quadfather
02-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Check out this link, and tell me what you think.

www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

02-20-2003, 03:11 PM
I"ve heard if ya break em in fast they run fast,,if ya break em in slow they run slow..:confused: :confused:

J25
02-20-2003, 03:13 PM
I"ve heard if ya break em in fast they run fast,,if ya break em in slow they run slow..

the guy that rebuilt my old polaris trail blazer said the same thing:huh

02-20-2003, 03:18 PM
the yamaha 426 manual says to run the bike like your gonna right outta the box. i dunno about this on a new piston though.

03GNCC270
02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I BREAK THEM IN HOW YOU ARE GOING TO RUN THEM. IF YOU RUN FULL THROTTLE BREAK IT IN THAT WAY. JUST TRAIL RIDING DO IT SLOW.

BASICLY THE SAME AS RICO SAYS.

400ex Magnum
02-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Check out this link, and tell me what you think.

www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I think you ride too slow to care about breaking in a new engine. ha. Just yanking your chain Steve. Good reading. May have to follow that on my new Harley.

Quadfather
02-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey James,

Are you going to be at CampOhio opening weekend?

And on the above attack on my riding preferences: I would say that there are probably some more experienced riders out there that may ride faster than me, I do not consider myself a "slow" rider. ie: I ride within my abilities.

I still enjoy riding with ya, even if it's only for the first 200 yards.

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 06:11 AM
did you guys even read the article?????????????

there is a balance between hard and soft, the exact point this article talks about.

you never want to beat the piss out of a bike ASAP.

you run in hard yeas but in stages and CYCLES.

reread the article

if you go too slow you'll glaze the cylinder, too hard and you'll over heat it and glaze it.

i always have broken in my bikes as descrobed inn the article and they have been exceptional with reliablity and performance.

i just took my motor apart and it looks new inside

400ex Magnum
02-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Quadfather

Just yanking your chain on the riding too slow. Your group rides plenty fast enough for me. I think we will be there for opening weekend of Wayne. Not sure who all is coming though. We are all heading up to Silver Lake the weekend before.

I broke my 400ex in very similar to what he described. My salesman told me to use a lot of acceleration and deceleration and to avoid letting the bike sit and idle. To this day, the machine does not burn oil and has plenty of power.