PDA

View Full Version : 2005 cylinder sleeve???

EXinMB
05-30-2011, 04:09 PM
i got a top end set of ebay from GDH racing. it showed cylinder, head, rockers, cam & bearings & sprocket piston and the cam chain guide slider. well it came without the bearings and slider and no bolts. I look at the cylinder and it looks like the sleeve is sitting too high in the cylinder like if i put a gasket in there and torqued it down i would barely squish the gasket. is this an easy fix just get the sleeve pressed down more?

headache
06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
you can just have the sleeve faced down in a lathe until it is flush with the cylinder.. don't try and press the sleeve in. a machine shop can fix it in like 2 minutes.

fearlessfred
06-05-2011, 03:09 PM
if this condition was not stated or could not be seen in the pics,i was ask the seller what he could do about it and if he doesnt help fix it,than give him a bad review. not to long ago, i bought a slip on for my sons z400 on ebay and it came with only one hanger instead of two, but that was clear in the pics and i missed it. so i had no grounds to complain and was not unhappy with the seller, but was unhappy with myself.i agree with headache when he said dont press it in,because when it was installed the sleeve is cooled and the casting is heated to get an interferance fit.