PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys, Help me shake this motion sickness

yellowzo3
05-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Whats up guys and gals.... I've been missing the sport for a while now. I was just flicking through some old riding pics and that set me over the top :(

The main reason I stopped riding was because I seemed to get more motion sick the older I got. When I was in high school I could ride all day and not feel a thing. Later through my college years it started to get bad and I would get sick every time I rode. I have no idea why this is but I guess your body changes as you age.

Anyone know how to shake this?

I don't get sick on trains (only if its something like the metro and is totally dark) or planes.

I haven't tried the bracelets or dramamine because I got out of the sport before I could give it a good go.

I'd like to get back into it but its honestly miserable trying to ride when you're dizzy all day.

Anyone else have this problem? :mad:

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Tommy Warren
05-30-2011, 12:20 PM
I get motion sickness on my bass boat...but If I put ear plugs in its not as bad have you tried that?

yellowzo3
05-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Ahh I've never heard of that.. good idea man! I'm gonna have to try it out. Thanks! :cool:

Tommy Warren
05-30-2011, 04:50 PM
let me know how it works

Quad18star
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
They sell those little patches that u put in behind your ear that helps. Guys on boats use them all the time. Motion sickness is the equilibrium of the fluid in your ear .... when it's disturbed you feel sick.

Hornbreaker
05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
My daughter uses the bracelets. She's got it bad. She even gets sick in the car and she's driving. So try the bracelets I think they will work just fine. Good luck.

yellowzo3
05-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys!

I was going to try the bracelets, I hope they work well.

I just recently heard about the patches too.

I think I'm just gonna try everything at once for maximum potential. :D

kbnorth99
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
My wife gets sick backing out of the driveway. She takes ginger tablets and they help immensely! We took a 44 hour train ride and she didn't get sick. You can get them at walgreens, walmart, etc.