PDA

View Full Version : difference in pipe per cylinder like ese pipe esr cylinder

quadfmx
05-30-2011, 12:23 AM
so what im trying to ask id do u think it makes a big difference f u got an ESR cylinder and and LRf pipe over the ESR cylinder.

Ive always wanted a duncan setup. a PC 2000 275 CC PV kit with a Duncan Turner pipe, the whole 9, have have the pipe and the carb setup, for the motor
And of course back then you had to have to Roll chassis and components- I never was sure which shocks I wanted but Im sure most of the rest of you guys know what I am talking about,
I mentioned Roll, but I had loads of respect for Marl Laeger as well

Anyways to get to my ?
I got an ESR 310, cr iginition, Im running their carb for the setup, The guy i bought it off of had ordered it ll like I wanted t do the duncan and the pipe was stolen and I got an LARd ADJ big boy pipe with it and a FMF mid range pipe,
I never could get the LRD to run the way I wanted, it was fouling plugs or pulling your arms off when it hit,
Im running the FMF, no offense to FMF but im sure the Duncan Turner Pipe, the ESR or the LRD are way better pipes, I kept this one b/c it was easy to get the jetting right and it had plenty of power anyways,

What kind of difference could I expect if I ditch the FMF and get with ESR and get the pipe they recommend with the jetting right for that pipe.

its just been bothering me to go to all the trouble with pretty much everything esr makes, including their cr250 ignition kit and then run an fmf on it,
it dont seem right to the bike,

Which pipe would you guys recommend

I was kinda leaning toward the 7 center mount if I dont have something mounted in the way and if so the regular 7

JM317
05-30-2011, 07:23 AM
No offense man, but that FMF must be ok cause the guy that had it before you smoked EVERYONE the last time I saw him run an XC race with it and I'm pretty sure the FMF was on it. You said it was easy to jet and didn't pull your arms off, that's what I'd stick with if this quad is still an XC bike. JMO