PDA

View Full Version : jrd hybrid's? pro's & con's????

mx Eli
05-29-2011, 08:45 PM
looking at a jrd crf and was wondering what are the pro's and con's of jrd frames, a arms and swingers?? thanks

jrspawn
05-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Heavy and handles like a tank!

mx Eli
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
details and explain please?

jrspawn
05-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Heavy!!! They were overbuilt by a mile. Kind of a copy of a few different companies, but didnt seem to get it right. The seat height is Very high on them. The chassis is made with the engine area large enough to fit almost any engine on the market. Which is a cool idea..... but not needed for a race quad. A chassis should be built to fit a certain engine and design around it. The upper arms seem to be a little long also, all of the JRD quads i had built i was never happy with the camber limits i could adjust to. The swingers(even though they are again built like tanks) had some problems with breaking. And just some other odds and ends i wasnt a fan of.

You set one of those chassis next to a walsh or laeger, and you'll see where im coming from.

mx Eli
05-29-2011, 09:44 PM
thanks!

ZRider400
05-29-2011, 10:52 PM
def stay away from them... ive owned 2, and i must say the changes from a 03 to a 04..was rediculous . Def a higher seat height, and for some reason, i could not get my silencer/muffler high enough! had it up as high as it could go melting plastic and spaced out to clear caliper...and the axle would still hit it... thats right, the axle would hit it . Messed up geometry?..definitely