PDA

View Full Version : Switching from DRR to Cobra 50 ecx

racerdad80
05-29-2011, 08:21 PM
we just bought our daughter a cobra 50 ecx and she has been racing a DRR 50 for about 5 months now. Any opionions on the best way to convert her over to the cobra? She loves the way the cobra runs but is more comfortable on the DRR and she is alot faster on the cobra when we timed her. Should we just sell the DRR so she has to go to the cobra instead of going back and forth on them? Shes only had cobra for 3 days now lol......

leager-n-ky
05-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I would, she will end up loving the cobra, once she gets use to it.

yfz450bb07
05-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Both of my boys were the exact same way. When they 1st got on the cobra they hated it and wanted to go back there cvt's. I finally had to tell them nope your on the cobra for good and thats it, they both adapted to it pretty quick and the rest is history!!!

thequadfather+2
05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
yea we tried riding both. We have 4 quads in the garage and 3 of them are cvt machines. We have a 75 single speed built to run in the 90 class (90 auto jr / sr).

The quad is really fast but my youngest rider is not getting enough seat time on it. I dont think doing both is a good idea, they are just entirely different.

I am getting ready to put our cobra up for sale, hasnt been moved in 2 months. We bought it after Loretta's and spent the winter rebuilding it. Just got the motor back from Wiley Mods in Feb and put 2 races on it. He got slower on the DRR so we parked the cobra and focused on our cvt stuff. Great machine, just cant do both very well.

yfz450bb07
05-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Ya you can't run both. If you try make sure you wear a hat to keep ya from pulling your hair out and keep plenty of your beverage of choice in the trailer as you'll need it!!!

fastrnrik
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
We have several CVT's and recently bought a Cobra 50. Running both don't work. Waaaay different. Probably end up selling the Cobra or just parking it til its time to build a shifter.

coffing918
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
my son has a DRR 50 production and a cobra 70 shifter.
he is 8 and will have to move up next year,, he rides the DRR at the nationals and the cobra ONLY at the local races 4 now,, he seems to have no problem at all switching back and fourth.
riding the cobra only made him faster on the DRR. only one small problem is that he loves the cobra shifter way better and cant wait to finish the national season so he can be on the cobra full time,,