PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Question

JustinBoots
05-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Okay here's my next question....I just stripped my daughter's factory harness off her DRR 50cc quad and all went well except when I put the plunger on the kill tether switch it won't run. So I thought...well I must have the wires backwards so I swapped the wires coming from the tether to the orange coil wire. Still the same issue. Any ideas? the only thing I wasn't certain of on the swap was what to do with the gray wire coming off the CDI. It had a ring lug on it already so I assumed it should be grounded out. Everything else I followed 100% from Gary's tech section on G-Force website.

joe0718
05-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Factory tether or aftermarket?

JustinBoots
05-30-2011, 06:42 AM
I think its a factory one. Doesn't look like my sons C-clip style, but instead is a red plunger that goes over a button. It plugged right into the factory harness that was on it.

joe0718
05-30-2011, 10:45 AM
That is a factory one. It us garbage. I also think it is backwards. Does it run with the tether out? If so get an aftermarket one and wire it to ground and hot side of coil.

JustinBoots
05-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah it runs with the tether pulled out. I guess I better order an aftermarket setup. It just confused me that it worked fine with my factory harness. Maybe its a "Complete the Circuit" switch instead of a grounding switch. Either way I'll order a new one.

Thanks a million for the help.