PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 125/250 shock opinions?

Pa Dirt Eater
05-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I was wondering what opinions people had on HLS, Fox, and Elka shocks for the raptor 125/250s? We run Harescrambles and were wondering what other people have tried and liked?

quaddad#123
05-29-2011, 05:23 PM
What other mods do you have on the Raptor 125?

Pa Dirt Eater
05-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Pipe, intake, carb, CDI, wheels, rear tires, ... usual stuff. But the suspension is still stock.

gorpracing
05-29-2011, 07:21 PM
We run Elka stage 4 front and rear. He run worcs and desert races. He is 13 and has a very good understanding of hhow they work and how to adjust them. They are what we like.

mxdad423
05-30-2011, 10:47 AM
We run Mx, we have JB suspension with Fox Float Evol's on the front and Fox podium on rear, wouldn't change for anything, the bike handles wonderful and is really smooth, we have been running Fox for the last 5 years between the mini's and now the Raptor, IMO and my son's opinion there the best on the market and the customer service is AWSOME.

Kevin Smitley

hwf-racing
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
We also have Fox Evols and the podium rear. Great Mx setup but is more work with always adjusting your air pressures. For XC I know the Exit shocks are getting more popular with no air chambers to adjust. I do love our Fox shocks just not the adjusting every moto. Derek

mxdad423
05-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Derek, Just out of curiousity, why do you have to adjust your's so much, we check the air in ours before practice and they are good for practice and 2 moto's, Heck it set all winter and when the first race came up in March, the evol chamber lost 5lbs and the main chamer lost 1lb, and our last race was the 3rd week in October. Even when we ran them on the mini's we never had any problem, same thing check them before practice and good to go the rest of the day. Just was wondering?

Kevin Smitley

hwf-racing
06-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know why but they loose pressure. They were just gone through 7 races ago but they did the same before being serviced and after. Now our mini has Fox and had no trouble with them loosing pressure Go Figure, as much as mini's give us problems. Kevin you ever catch yourself bored between motos not changing belts, adj clutch's, installing new pistons. I almost got a nap last race between moto's with the Raptor:D

mxdad423
06-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
I don't know why but they loose pressure. They were just gone through 7 races ago but they did the same before being serviced and after. Now our mini has Fox and had no trouble with them loosing pressure Go Figure, as much as mini's give us problems. Kevin you ever catch yourself bored between motos not changing belts, adj clutch's, installing new pistons. I almost got a nap last race between moto's with the Raptor:D

LOL..........I know I shouldn't say this because we will probbably break something this weekend but, Yea I know exactly what you are saying, we was just having this conversasion at the track this past weekend, a few of us was standing around in between moto's BS'ing and I said hey about right now I would normally be cousing as I was burning the He** out of my fingers taring apart the clutches trying to figure out why it ran great last week when we parked it and now its bogging out of the corners or off the gate.......:D :D :D Have to say I don't miss it, after his moto I let it cool down, check the oil, go over the bolts to make sure nothing came loose and just give it a look over and sit down and relax......Much better.....LOL

jake55
06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by mxdad423
LOL..........I know I shouldn't say this because we will probbably break something this weekend but, Yea I know exactly what you are saying, we was just having this conversasion at the track this past weekend, a few of us was standing around in between moto's BS'ing and I said hey about right now I would normally be cousing as I was burning the He** out of my fingers taring apart the clutches trying to figure out why it ran great last week when we parked it and now its bogging out of the corners or off the gate.......:D :D :D Have to say I don't miss it, after his moto I let it cool down, check the oil, go over the bolts to make sure nothing came loose and just give it a look over and sit down and relax......Much better.....LOL

Hey Derek, all of the above is true, kevin said all that at our local track as he was laughing his butt off at me !!!!:grr: :mad:

hey kevin, we are also very happy for you moving up and out of the cvt thing!!! got tired of seeing the rear of the 423 on our helmet cam!!!:D we got close, just never got passed that darn thing!:devil:

mxdad423
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jake55
Hey Derek, all of the above is true, kevin said all that at our local track as he was laughing his butt off at me !!!!:grr: :mad:

hey kevin, we are also very happy for you moving up and out of the cvt thing!!! got tired of seeing the rear of the 423 on our helmet cam!!!:D we got close, just never got passed that darn thing!:devil:

LOL.......We just got lucky alot......All I know is I really like just changing the oil, adjusting the chain and going racing, No more rollers, and springs....LOL

Kevin Smitley

scotturban
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
for shocks I'd do, Pep pb1's, Fox Floats or Motowoz

jweidner
06-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey Guys,

We run PA Hare scrambles youth 125 and run Fox Evos. They work great no complaints. Adjustment are very easy to do.

Thanks,
Tuski #99 youth ATV - District 6 PA STATE Hare Scramble
Precision Motor Worx

EJ Racing 07
07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Before anything STOP and contact Jim at Motowoz!! (763) 390-9549. He will set you up for anything you want to do with amazing shocks, you will be very happy with Motowoz and the great customer service!!!!

leager-n-ky
07-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by EJ Racing 07
Before anything STOP and contact Jim at Motowoz!! (763) 390-9549. He will set you up for anything you want to do with amazing shocks, you will be very happy with Motowoz and the great customer service!!!!

X 2, We have a set of these on the youngest boys Cobra, they are great, and so is Jim. We have had PEP's, Works, Fox Floats, and a couple of sets of Elka's. NONE have compared to the Motowoz. My $.02