PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Oil Pressure

Xplorer99
05-29-2011, 10:15 AM
hey guys, i have a quick question about oil pressure. iv always checked oil pressure after i start either of my wheelers up by loosening dipstick. my grizzly will practically shoot the dipstick out of the motor it has so much oil pressure. but the last few times i started my 400 it doesnt have hardly any! its only been running a couple times this year, i dont recall it being that weak last year....

i cleaned the oil pumped out when i did the motor build, so i know the oil pump is atleast free from buildup, and the motor sounds ok, doesnt sound like its running without oil...

just curious what anyone else might think..
thanks!

NMills
05-29-2011, 10:18 AM
i don't think the oil tank is under that much pressure on a 400 anyways... never heard of one being under pressure... i think your ok... as long as it's pumpin oil anyways..

Xplorer99
05-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by NMills
i don't think the oil tank is under that much pressure on a 400 anyways... never heard of one being under pressure... i think your ok... as long as it's pumpin oil anyways..

i think i might take off the oil line that run to the cooler and make sure its actually pumping oil. (ill pull the kill switch and just crank the motor over real quick) it has a little bit of pressure, i dont know i guess i just get paranoid, the motor is still almost new (22hrs) and i got alot of money into it lol.

thanks for the reply!