PDA

View Full Version : Mustang GT owners

gncc025
05-28-2011, 12:24 AM
I bought an 04 gt about 2 weeks ago. 34,000 miles and in excellent condition. Its got a BBK coi and flowmasters w/ no cats. 5 speed trans.

Its got pretty decent power but I'm looking into some more upgrades. I want to keep the cost as low as i can, maybe around 300. I was wondering what the best bang for my buck would be? I'm also curious what kind of oil you guys are using? Any other advice would be nice too...

Tommy Warren
05-28-2011, 12:39 AM
probably an intake and programmer

ATVMX33
05-28-2011, 04:50 AM
you mean cai? then he has an intake..
go with a tuner and underdrive pulleys...
if it were me i would get lowering springs and a short throw shifter before either of the power mods though
my only advice is dont spend to much on tires cause the most fun things is burning them off :D

GE4x4
05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
My biggest bang for the $$ was putting in 3:73 gears. I got the exhaust and tuner which was nice. But the gears made it feel like a new car under me.:macho

jesseweaver
05-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
My biggest bang for the $$ was putting in 3:73 gears. I got the exhaust and tuner which was nice. But the gears made it feel like a new car under me.:macho

yea i agree i love my 3:73s.

you could add a procharger! i know someone who would sell you a used one cheap :devil:

KXRida
05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I think I'm going to 4:10's over 3:73's. Custom tuning is always a plus. I'm hoping to pick up an SCT with some custom tunes, just not sure which tuner I want to go through. I've been tossing around the idea of charging it but I think if I do I'm going the turbo route mainly do to cost. Can get a nice twin set up for around $2000 give or take what you want. Mustang hasn't seen much in the upgrade category for a while because diesel trucks are too damn addicting. Not to mention it'll kill my mustang.

Jigsaw
05-29-2011, 08:44 PM
410s and nitrous will be the most fun. pulleys and cai are not worth the money for the small hp gains you will see.

Tommy Warren
05-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
my only advice is dont spend to much on tires cause the most fun things is burning them off :D

which we need a video of right away! see if you can beat mine:D

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cWwbARznwf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CJM
05-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Dont do 4:10s unless you never plan on driving on the hiway. Your engine will scream about 50-60mph.

ATVMX33
05-30-2011, 07:53 AM
this was one of my first but its the only smoking video i have haha
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GsQoOl7riYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneStockHonda
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Where the hell are you gonna get a twin turbo setup for $2000?!?! One turbo alone will cost you close to that and that's just the turbo. And you'll be fine with 4.10s. My buddy has them in his gt and they aren't bad on the highway.

KXRida
05-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BoneStockHonda
Where the hell are you gonna get a twin turbo setup for $2000?!?! One turbo alone will cost you close to that and that's just the turbo. And you'll be fine with 4.10s. My buddy has them in his gt and they aren't bad on the highway.

Ebay my friend.... Granted get the right flanges and a nice intercooler as well and you're looking a little more coin, but still way cheaper than a roots charger.

BoneStockHonda
05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Do yourself a favor and don't boost unless your doing it right. Remember you get what you pay for and ebay turbos are a fine example. I've read countless threads on various forums about the compressor wheel coming apart inside ebay turbos and sucking bits and pieces of metal through your cylinders.

KXRida
06-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Do yourself a favor and don't boost unless your doing it right. Remember you get what you pay for and ebay turbos are a fine example. I've read countless threads on various forums about the compressor wheel coming apart inside ebay turbos and sucking bits and pieces of metal through your cylinders.

I have had 4 boosted vehicles in the last 3 years chief. Pretty sure that's more than most people will own in a life time. ;) Not to mention you can get compressor wheels pretty cheap now and days. With a small bit of know how it's not hard to do a turbo set up. Helped two of my friend do twins on their duramax's. Both 30,000+ plus miles and no issues.

gncc025
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I've thought about 3.73 gears...What kind of gas mileage should i expect out of 3.73's??

BoneStockHonda
06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I have had 4 boosted vehicles in the last 3 years chief. Pretty sure that's more than most people will own in a life time. ;) Not to mention you can get compressor wheels pretty cheap now and days. With a small bit of know how it's not hard to do a turbo set up. Helped two of my friend do twins on their duramax's. Both 30,000+ plus miles and no issues.

With eBay turbos? LMK when they blow up.

KXRida
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
With eBay turbos? LMK when they blow up.

You do know ebay sells new products right? Please don't embarrass yourself infront of everyone.

bens250ex
06-02-2011, 10:25 PM
im not starting the cock fight but my buddy put a ebay turbo on his sti and it lasted.....a week before it went...

Tommy Warren
06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
You do know ebay sells new products right? Please don't embarrass yourself infront of everyone.

this made me giggle

KXRida
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
this made me giggle

yah every girl who ever had sex with does the same thing...

Regardless, a budget turbo set up can be done for thousands less than any roots style charger. Not to mention if you try a "budget" supercharge I'd be willing to bet somebodys ratted out turbo would be more reliable than a budget charger.

Tommy Warren
06-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't think your funny any more:(