PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new toy for gas mileage

PaRedneckRiders
05-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Picked this 92 DR650 up a few days ago to save on gas some when i start running my truck and so i can go ridding with all the guys i know that already have dual sports.
It needed a few things i picked it up for $1100 and it seems to run great but it needed a kicker and a new decomp cable they had one rigged up enough that it worked but not right.

Already got my kicker and its on and the cable is on the way. Overall seems pretty clean but it sat for a while could use the carb cleaned.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/PaRedneckRiders/1992%20DR650/240.jpg

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/PaRedneckRiders/1992%20DR650/0525110658.jpg

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/PaRedneckRiders/1992%20DR650/0525110657.jpg

Honda4life05
05-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Why can't i find deals like this! lol nice bike, it's gonna get great milage

PaRedneckRiders
05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Well he wanted 1300
it was on craigslist and all it said was DUALSPORT didnt say what kind or what it was all it said was 650 dual sport for sale $1300

I tried to give him $900 but he didnt take to kindly to take so i talked him into 1100.
Im not really worried about mileage cause i know for sure it will be better than my truck and thats all im worried about.

ATVMX33
05-27-2011, 08:36 PM
nice dude..getting a bike was the best thing i ever did...save $70 a week!...

Kickstarts-suck
05-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Nice. I had an 82 DR500 a long time ago.

Got it for free. It sat for like 10 years but I got it running. Ran good and was really fun until it dropped a valve.. :(

ProspectorJim
05-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Those things are tanks, good find. I've also decided that a bike is a good way to save on gas. I'm in the process of converting my 250sxf to a street legal dualsport and eventually a supermoto.

PaRedneckRiders
05-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Those things are tanks, good find. I've also decided that a bike is a good way to save on gas. I'm in the process of converting my 250sxf to a street legal dualsport and eventually a supermoto.
Ya its a really heavy bike but it seems really balanced and goes everywhere i wanted to so far.

slightlybent47
05-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Duel sporting is a lot of fun for sure. There’s nothing like jumping on and off road when ever you feel like it. I have a KLX250 that I have put 10k on in the last few years and it’s a blast no doubt.
But I’ve been concerned with the amount of hit and runs in the area in the past few years.
If people are crashing into the back of 18 wheelers because there drunk or on the damn phone then my little bike doesn’t stand a chance.
But at 70+ mpg and loads of fun to ride it’s hard to resist.lol

Trust me on this one KNOBIES AND WET ROADS DON”T MIX!
If the road is wet or it’s raining and you run knobies, don’t even think about riding.
I kid you not, heed the warning!

Oh yeah! and nice find on the old Honda!

PaRedneckRiders
05-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Duel sporting is a lot of fun for sure. There’s nothing like jumping on and off road when ever you feel like it. I have a KLX250 that I have put 10k on in the last few years and it’s a blast no doubt.
But I’ve been concerned with the amount of hit and runs in the area in the past few years.
If people are crashing into the back of 18 wheelers because there drunk or on the damn phone then my little bike doesn’t stand a chance.
But at 70+ mpg and loads of fun to ride it’s hard to resist.lol

Trust me on this one KNOBIES AND WET ROADS DON”T MIX!
If the road is wet or it’s raining and you run knobies, don’t even think about riding.
I kid you not, heed the warning!

Oh yeah! and nice find on the old Honda!
Ya a few of my buddies have ate it one wet roads on the way to school or just messing around no one was seriously hurt though just some pretty bad road rash

rooster300ex
05-29-2011, 08:29 AM
I keep tellin my wife I need to get me a honda 650L. It would save so much on gas. And I just want one. lol:D

PaRedneckRiders
05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Me and some buddies went for a ride today and my body is telling me to F off.
Im so used to being able to throw the bikes around cause all i usually ride is race bikes I had (03crf450 00 cr250) things like that, light aluminum frame bikes.

Well we went out trail riding for a few hours and i was trying to throw it around well to say the least it doesnt work lol.

I think im going to finish parting out my quad and sell the rest of the CRF450 parts i have and try and pick up another race bike to mess around on.

But i definitely like it for just cruising around the trails nothing really bad or hard and it seems to run really good.

Im happy i got it, and ill be happier when i start riding it on the road and it saves me money.