PDA

View Full Version : Fdo Motors

iSavage504
05-27-2011, 11:24 AM
DOES ANYONE HAS ANY UPDATED CONTACT INFO FOR FDO RACE ENGINE BUILDERS? PLZ HELP. IN MUCH NEED OF HIGH QUALITY STROKER MOTOR ASAP. THX :scary:

iSavage504
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
**BUMP**

JOHNDOE83
05-29-2011, 08:58 AM
If I were youd Id call trinity racing.

I havent heard of FDO?

Neither have anyone else, thats why no ones responding, also if you need a good stroker motor trinity has kits but can get expensive, Id buy a stroker kit from ebay if your in a hurry.

iSavage504
05-31-2011, 02:00 AM
FDO has been discussed in multiple forums & multiple senior members stating they own bikes built by Mike from FDO. I must add that those threads where from 2002 - 2005. They also included a contact# but that # no longer in service. FDO, what I heard, has built 50hp+ 463 & 465 VERY RELIABLE engines. Trinity does great work but doesn't offer all that I need done - I MUCH RATHER ONE BUILDER DOING ALL WORK

iSavage504
05-31-2011, 02:10 AM
google "fdo atv engines" then read different forums/threads of guys congratulating FDO for their great work. But I can't get no info on these proclaimed great builders. I'm thinking they are no longer in business... Hope not b/c for what I want - trinity $3800 - 4300 uh no :ermm:

ish416
05-31-2011, 09:31 AM
After looking at the dates on the threads I looked at, the newest post is from 2004.

I would guess that FDO is no longer around.

NacsMXer
05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Check out GT Thunder or Powroll.

JOHNDOE83
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Is this gonna be for a drag bike? or MX style quad?

Or are you just looking for a big motor?

Last post from 04!!! Thats why I havent heard about them...lol.

Theres a few members you might want to look for, chad_502ex, droppedmazda, turbo_530r, I might have the names slightly off but these guys had the biggest built motors around here, they were around for awhile then kinda fadded away, if you PM them or post on their threads, sometimes they come back....lol.

They would deffinetly know where to go if you can get a reply from them.

CJM
05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Check out GT Thunder or Powroll.

x2, that or sparks or trinity.

iSavage504
05-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
Is this gonna be for a drag bike? or MX style quad?

Theres a few members you might want to look for, chad_502ex, droppedmazda, turbo_530r, I might have the names slightly off but these guys had the biggest built motors around here, they were around for awhile then kinda fadded away, if you PM them or post on their threads, sometimes they come back....lol.

Really the same as now which is a VERY RELIABLE, torque monster with all around power band. My bike has SCREAMED everywhere except for the mud bogs. I mainly trail ride & drag race @ the dunes. Bike isn't stretched...I just know how to launch. Im really considering:
+ 7mm stroker with custom je 87mm 14:1 comp if possible. Im aiming at the light piston & higher/quicker revs. If I go any higher on bore then I will have to sacrifice my magnificent flywheel. Lol - HELP ME OUT GUYS - I APPRECIATE ALL YALL INPUT

iSavage504
05-31-2011, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
[B]Is this gonna be for a drag bike? or MX style quad?

I'm considering:
+ 7mm crank with custom je 87mm 14:1 comp - I rather the light piston so I can keep my high/quick revs. If I am able to do this setup then I wouldn't only have a reliable SCREAMING 450 stroker but also would be saving $$$. I could keep my same head work, carb, valves & etc - just need to purchase crank & piston.... And 196 x6 megacycle cam :macho - I REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL YOU GUYS HELP & INPUT. KEEP IT COMING THANKS

ish416
06-01-2011, 10:34 AM
14:1 compression is not going to be reliable on this engine. I wouldn't take it past 13:1 and that is really pushing your luck.

Liquid cooled engines can have heat issues with 14:1 compression, let alone an air/oil cooled ex.

I would look to have your build around 12:5:1 running either race gas/av gas/e85.

Come to think about it, I can't recall ever seeing or hearing of an EX running anything over 13:1.

I think you would be better off with a lower compression (12.5-13:1) and advance the timing a little.

Also, looking at your sig, your EX sounds like a beast. I think if you upped compression and go with a +7mm stroke and more aggressive cam, I don't think you would gain more than 4 or 5 HP from where your at now.

iSavage504
06-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ish416
14:1 compression is not going to be reliable on this engine. I wouldn't take it past 13:1 and that is really pushing your luck.

Liquid cooled engines can have heat issues with 14:1 compression, let alone an air/oil cooled ex.

I would look to have your build around 12:5:1 running either race gas/av gas/e85.

Come to think about it, I can't recall ever seeing or hearing of an EX running anything over 13:1.

I think you would be better off with a lower compression (12.5-13:1) and advance the timing a little.

Also, looking at your sig, your EX sounds like a beast. I think if you upped compression and go with a +7mm stroke and more aggressive cam, I don't think you would gain more than 4 or 5 HP from where your at now.

You are right about 14:1 pushing luck but i felt the same after hearing my 13:1 wouldnt be reliable which it has for over a year of not abuse but really being "put 2 work"
I know if i up the bore/piston size i will FOR SURE have increase in heat but i figured if i stayed @ 87mm & MAYBE add liquid cool setup from powroll & continue running VP C12 that i should be fine. As of now my EX (AFTER 1-2 HRS OF HARD-NONSTOP RIDING) doesnt exceeds 208*f - Which is safe stating that my normal temp is 160 - 180*
I might go with custom 13:1 with +7mm Crank b/c the stroke alone will UP the compression & then send my head back 2 C&D for a lil bit more agressive job :D - What you guys think? THX 4 INPUT ish416
p.s. - My 416 is a beast & I LOVE IT. I just want it 2 stay a 416 (bore) but eat up more 450's with more than bolt on power

iSavage504
06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
***BUMP***

JOHNDOE83
06-01-2011, 08:36 PM
try this guy

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392713&highlight=droppedmazda

iSavage504
06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
try this guy

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392713&highlight=droppedmazda
THANKS JOHNDOE83
droppedmazda has one sick stroker on his hands. very nice & "rounds of applaud" type EX. im more into the everyday rider & no more than +4 inches of swinger. but i still agree that he has a trophy winning EX