PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever ship a car?

trick450r
05-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Im looking to buy and ship my next project from Arizona to Connecticut. I've personally never shipped a car before, anybody have an idea on price (i'm thinking $1k low end) or even better a suggestion for a company you've used/gotten a fair price from.

Thanks guys

P.S I havn't been on here in quite some time, feels good to be back!

catch22blaster
05-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I had a 92 honda hatchback ship from minnisota, here to ohio for $500 I called up a few car hauler companys got a few prices. the car hauler ppl are responsible for any damage if something happens to vehicle during transport. Im sure its gona cost alot more considering there driving cross country for u man.

CJM
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
I did it a few times when I used to drive a tow truck. Its about 500 bucks or more, depends on departure and arrival locations. There is of course insurance and so forth as well.

Best bet is to go with a larger company and not some mom and pop operation. Mom and pop might be nicer to deal with but if something happens a larger company has more insurance.

blholtz
05-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CJM

Best bet is to go with a larger company and not some mom and pop operation. Mom and pop might be nicer to deal with but if something happens a larger company has more insurance.

^That right there is a BS statement. The insurance the company carries to cover the damage (if any) in transit is basically the same form one company to the next.

I am an auto transporter, our company is small, just three trucks and take very good care of my customers. Larger companies tend to not really care.

Try this Broker to get your car hauled: Athena's Auto Movers 954-892-6905. She is out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL but she works with different carriers all over the country.

I would guess you are looking at about 1200 from Arizona to Conneticut, but call Athena she can help you out.

CJM
05-27-2011, 06:43 PM
^ Not saying your wrong, but the minimums and such that its covered for might be less.

Just like someoens insured for 1mil and anothers insured only for 250k kinda deal.

TheLane
05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CJM
^ Not saying your wrong, but the minimums and such that its covered for might be less.

Just like someoens insured for 1mil and anothers insured only for 250k kinda deal.

the only thing that needs to be covered is what your shipping. Why care about any thing else? its not like you would have to pay a deductible. The shipping company would take care of that. After all if something happens its their fault. (or the fault of whomever caused the accedent)