PDA

View Full Version : DS 450 engine failure

harford #450
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Earlier in the year whilst racing, my atv dropped all its watter without me realizing. This caused the atv to overheat, however the engine management limp home mode didn't work, so i carried on racing none the wiser to the damage that was being caused. Due to the fact we believe the engine management caused damage to the engine as the overheating prevention didn't work. We were wondering if this sort of problem has happened to any other fellow ds owner and what was done about it, as the engine has had a full rebuild but still isn't running properly as the engine was so badly damaged.

dxcody
06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
the only thing i can think of to help you with is if maybe the cylinder or head got warped from all the heat, i mainly just posted this to bump it back up.. i dont know a hole lot about can ams.. With thier technology it could be some connection that got fried or something

lynxmann
06-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Sorry about your engine but if you loose your coolant fast enough the temprature sensor is not able to give the engine mangement system the message because there is no water heating it up.

scotturban
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
wow that sucks man, I have heard of a lot of people limping there ds450s when it should not be going into limp mode, your the first ive heard of one not limping when it should, sorry bout your bad luck and good luck with whatever problem you have..

2muchquad
06-07-2011, 03:51 PM
sure has been a lot of bad press on these things.used to want one but now im not so sure...