PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Exhaust problem???

flyboy62
05-25-2011, 07:10 AM
where the two pipes meet, where one pipe slides into the other pipe, became very loose during the last ride. all the bolts to the pipe are tight but the connection is loose. i called Curtis Sparks and they said to send it back and they will fix it but i got races the next 3 weekends so i need a quick fix. could some one help me out.
Thanks

Kovatch
05-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Would a exhaust pipe clamp work? Not sure on your diameter of the pipe, but I use my stock YFZR exhaust clamp on the connection between head pipe and back half.

Powerpartsplus.com has it. Search the yammie section. Part number: 5BE-14788-00-00. $11.44. The local hardware store might have something similar for a small exhaust pipe. Summit racing too...?

Sjorge450R
05-25-2011, 01:35 PM
maybe some RTV sealant? The orange stuff works wonders. Just dont start it up until it has time to dry.

mx Eli
05-25-2011, 02:10 PM
this is an odd problem as i'v never had anything wrong with my sparks... well back to fixing it... cut three slice's with a cut off wheel about 1 inch long and spaced evenly apart around the pipe, then go to a hardware store and buy a bolt style clamp. the three cuts will form a more even seal around the pipe.

310ESR
05-25-2011, 06:36 PM
There's a reason why no major mfg put clamps on in these joints. It must be able to flex a little.

JH Racing
05-25-2011, 06:36 PM
if you take it and the head pipe to any muffler shop they can expand it to be a tight fit that is what sparks will do in house when you send it in.