PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question

REC
02-20-2003, 12:18 PM
I know this issue has been beat to death, but here goes. Which slip on exhaust is the least noisy, while still giving a HP gain. I am sure that I am not the only on that rides in areas where noise is a issue. Does anyone have 1st hand experience with the FMF Q series?

Thanks

Big - D Racing
02-20-2003, 12:22 PM
The Fmf Q is quiet, but the power gains are very small. Remember the quiter it is the more restrictive it is, so the less power you will gain. Some quiet systems will cause you to even lose some bottom end power.

300exracer
02-20-2003, 02:34 PM
Yes the fmf Q is quiet, i have herd one before and sound preaty quiet but dont no about the power.

J25
02-20-2003, 03:08 PM
white brothers is coming out with a new quiet series pipe, but the e series isnt too loud

Ex'r Marlin
02-20-2003, 03:20 PM
My 2 cents... I was very resistant in getting an aftermarket exhaust due to the noise level they put off while obtaining maximum performance. Like Big D Racing said, the more performance you want out of them, the louder they will get.

Anyway, from my friends comments about my Yoshimura slip-on, they feel my exhaust (no baffles) is not as loud as others they hear. I have a decible meter that I have not used yet (not sure at what distance to use it from). I do know that the White Brothers E series is louder than my Yoshimura.... Even with 6 disks on the White Brothers.

I could be wrong, but I heard that the White Brothers new E2 will be around the 92 decible range... But depending on what compression your atv has will dictate the actual decibles.

REC
02-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info