PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Razr Cross Fronts? and other Q's?

trailrider894
05-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Just ordered some, what do you all think about them???

What are the advantages of having shorter front tires??

NacsMXer
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I run the 20 inch Razr Cross fronts and they handle great. The defined center rib of tread really makes for some very precise and controllable steering from my experience with them. They feel a lot more nimble overall compared to my previous Kenda Klaw fronts which are a lot more balloon shaped. The treadwear is not bad either.

Overall a shorter front tire will be quicker to respond with less sidewall flex. Going too small, say to a 19 inch front tire, will sacrifice ride comfort and give the front end a harsher feel.

trailrider894
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I run the 20 inch Razr Cross fronts and they handle great. The defined center rib of tread really makes for some very precise and controllable steering from my experience with them. They feel a lot more nimble overall compared to my previous Kenda Klaw fronts which are a lot more balloon shaped. The treadwear is not bad either.

Overall a shorter front tire will be quicker to respond with less sidewall flex. Going too small, say to a 19 inch front tire, will sacrifice ride comfort and give the front end a harsher feel.

Well i got my rear Razr MX's and i love them so far!! the Razr Cross Fronts are coming in today, i hope... They are the 19's, since i don't really ride to much rough country...

madskrillz2
06-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Should have went with the 20's. 19's are like riding on rocks imo. Makes it seem like the front end dives too much.

Kovatch
06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
The guys I talk to that are running them, love them. That center rib helps to knife through on the track. They wear a lot better than Goldspeeds too).

I bought a set for the front and rears, but out of 6 pairs of front tires, I do not have a spare set front rims. I'm excited to try mine out (20").

BlaineKaiser450
06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I ran Razr Mx fronts for 2 years then Razr Cross, then Quadcross and the Razr Cross fronts were the best ones by far. I always ran 20's on 10 inch rims

mohler
06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
i love razr 2 for cross country, just bought a set of razr ballance editions last night, going to try them out