PDA

View Full Version : 04/05 throttle on 08?

nick15
05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
hey guys i was wondering if this can be done and if so has any one done it i no the 08 has the wire running out of it to the carb and the 04/05s dont is there away to swamp them and eliminate the wire?

airmobile101
05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Yea, just splice the wires together and your good to go.

DnB_racing
05-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by nick15
hey guys i was wondering if this can be done and if so has any one done it i no the 08 has the wire running out of it to the carb and the 04/05s dont is there away to swamp them and eliminate the wire? what wires are you talking about? both have the TPS wires but the connector is different but can be spliced,

the 04/05 doesn't have the throttle/slide safety(tors), but that doesn't matter as it can be eliminated anyways without issue

airmobile101
05-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
what wires are you talking about? both have the TPS wires but the connector is different but can be spliced,

the 04/05 doesn't have the throttle/slide safety(tors), but that doesn't matter as it can be eliminated anyways without issue
He is talking about the wires that go into the actual throttle of the 06+ models with a FCR carb. He just needs to splice those wires together. He can follow it down to the green plug and do it there.

airmobile101
05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
NICK15,
YOU HAVE TO SPLICE THE WIRES TOGETHER!!!!!!!! That switch inside the throttle housing is a normally open switch! Do not just disconnect it, otherwise quad will not start @ idle. What I did was cut it @ the connector(green connector) and spliced it together.

DnB_racing
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by airmobile101
NICK15,
YOU HAVE TO SPLICE THE WIRES TOGETHER!!!!!!!! That switch inside the throttle housing is a normally open switch! Do not just disconnect it, otherwise quad will not start @ idle. What I did was cut it @ the connector(green connector) and spliced it together. actually the carb is a normally closed at rest the throttle is normally open at rest, ...the best place to splice it is right at the cdi and eliminate it completely, this is a quick brakedown of how the throttle/carb safety(tors) or throttle over ride system works

DnB_racing
05-24-2011, 10:22 PM
lol,,, I thought he was talking about swapping the carb not the throttle...I guess i should have read it better!!

do it the way airmobile says and its fine!!now if you swapped carbs then get ride of whole system

nick15
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
thatnks for all the help guys im going to do the swap i have a 04 and 08 and may sound stupid but i like the feel of the 04 throttle way better but maybe its all in my head

XC_Racer_129
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I know alot of people that switch out the newer throttle blocks for 04/05 ones. It frees up space on the bars especially if you run side wraps

airmobile101
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
That switch is a piece of junk anyways. And, it actually has a pretty good failure rate track record. Even if you don't swap throttles, disconnect it and splice the wires together!