PDA

View Full Version : ride height specs and dyno needed!!!!!

rabbithuntr14
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
well first i have a full system dr.d exhaust on my trx and it pulls pretty good but alot of youre newer fully built quads are out pulling me like nothing...and plus i dont have alot of cash since im trying to do, school, race, and i have to cut grass for my money and so on... well i just bought the hrc cam, airbox lid, and jet, would anybody have a dyno from stock to the hrc??and how much will that help?

second i have lsr +1/2 in wider a-arms lt with lt fox floats, and a stock rear suspension with a gtt xc link and would like to know how low yall run youre xc bikes and how much air in the floats?? btw im about 110 pounds with all my gear lol any help will be appreciated! thanks

rabbithuntr14
05-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Nobody can help with the suspension??

dustin_j
05-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Set rear race sag to 4-5 inches. 4 for more aggressive hard hits, or 5 for more plushness and lower ride height. Set Evol pressure to 100-150psi, or something to start with. Then, set your main chamber pressure to get front ride height 1/4" higher than the rear. Adjust evol pressure to fine tune the air spring progression. If you are running 21 fronts and 20 rears, your ride height should end up around 7.5 inches.

rabbithuntr14
06-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Where are you measuring the 7.5 inches from?

dustin_j
06-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I want to make sure you understand measuring sag first, so if you have any questions related to that please ask.

After sag is set, measure frame height (ride height) at two locations. Location one (rear measurement) right in front of the footpeg. Location two (front measurement) right behind where the frame bends upward for the a-arms. You'll want to have whoever is measuring look directly from the side, measuring to the bottom of the frame tube (ignore any gussets that are slightly lower). The 7.5 inches would be the rear frame height with 4.5 inches of sag.

I Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions.