PDA

View Full Version : quick???

01boneless
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
ok guys first off no fighting and argueing over this lol whitch sport quad do you guys think is most reliable? between the 400ex,kfx,ltz400? also whitch do you guys think is the fastest stock?

ATVMX33
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
first off "other"? of course there are faster staock quads than 400s...
the kfx and z400 are the same with different graphics...
my z400 has been really reliable and is my favorite all around quad

Tommy Warren
05-24-2011, 04:37 PM
400ex reliable, z400 faster, raptor 700 best of both worlds;)

exrider12
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

Agree..Agree..Lol:o

Tommy Warren
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
Agree..Agree..Lol:o

ignorants is bliss:D

honda400ex2003
05-24-2011, 09:18 PM
its bliss for sure, especially when you spell ignorance wrong.... fail

400ex is most reliable imo

the z would be rider dependent stock for stock with the 99-04 400ex and faster up top than the 05+ 400ex

just my opinion though.
steve

trailrider894
05-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Not to mention, the 700 is too heavy, too tall, and handles TERRIBLE!!!!

Tommy Warren
05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
well here we go...so why did you put +2 a-arms and axle on your ex if it handle so great out of the box?

P.S the 700 raptor is about 10 lbs heavier then the 400ex:blah:

trailrider894
05-25-2011, 07:51 AM
well here we go...so why did you put +2 a-arms and axle on your ex if it handle so great out of the box?

Because the aftermarket components just compliment the already exellent geometry of the EX. The 700 is just a power plant with bad geometry. I have a friend that came off of a 400ex to a Craptor 700, and he has only had things break and not work. He sold it back to the dealer 3 weeks later after getting beat by me with 300 less cc's in an MX race, when we both had stock geometry.

Baracudaaa
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM

Another grammar check for you, its THAN, not THEN.

What happened to paying attention in school when you had the chance............

trailrider894
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Another grammar check for you, its THAN, not THEN.

What happened to paying attention in school when you had the chance............

Thank you!

Tommy Warren
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Because the aftermarket components just compliment the already exellent geometry of the EX. The 700 is just a power plant with bad geometry. I have a friend that came off of a 400ex to a Craptor 700, and he has only had things break and not work. He sold it back to the dealer 3 weeks later after getting beat by me with 300 less cc's in an MX race, when we both had stock geometry.

My friend has a 400ex thats breaks down all the time. Ishould start telling people that they suck right? I used to have a 400ex too but I'm not a beginner anymore:grr:

TheLane
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Craptors blow. - get yourself an arctic cat if you want something fast.
:devil: :p

400ex <<<< Teh S*** ( if you want a 400 that is.)

Tommy Warren
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Craptors blow. - get yourself an arctic cat if you want something fast.
:devil: :p

400ex <<<< Teh S*** ( if you want a 400 that is.)

and you have....a polaris? :huh

TheLane
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
and you have....a polaris? :huh

....whats wrong with my polaris?

I wont say id rather have it over a couple of other bikes out there ...but i will say i aint ever seen a pro rider win a mx race on a craptor :)

trailrider894
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
....whats wrong with my polaris?

I wont say id rather have it over a couple of other bikes out there ...but i will say i aint ever seen a pro rider win a mx race on a craptor :)

My point!!! And BTW Tommy, beginners ride 700's, because they want more power!!! Sad when a 400ex eats a 700 on an MX track....

exrider12
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Lol I didnt mean to start anything here.. Each bike has its place.. the 700 more oriented for the dunes and wide open, and the 400ex just good overall..

Still wouldnt own a raptor though :p

CJM
05-25-2011, 10:31 PM
400EX is most reliable. They just cant be beat for it. No matter what ya do I find they are most reliable and forgiving.

Z400/KFX is pretty fast, my buddy has one and its slightly faster than my 416. They have a much better carb imho.

As for the raptor, good power but I dont liek the way they handle either.

There is no perfect quad for everyone, but I will say out of the 50+ people I see every weekend most ride honda or yzf's.

Tommy Warren
05-25-2011, 11:11 PM
raptors are good for what i do...trails, drags, and sand hills. as for the mx track...I don't care raptors go too fast for an mx track:D qand tell me how a faster more powerful bike is for beginners?

TheLane
05-26-2011, 02:04 AM
raptors are good for what i do...trails, drags, and sand hills. as for the mx track...I don't care raptors go too fast for an mx track:D qand tell me how a faster more powerful bike is for beginners?

most beginners make the mistake of wanting the most power right off.

****, i did, my first quad was a raptor, then i flipped it about 10 times and learned that it was not a good bike for anything but the dunes.

HondaRacing83
05-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I like 660 raptors. Pretty sure ive seen some of them smoke 400exs on an mx track back in the day. You guys are in no place to argue.

trailrider894
05-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I like 660 raptors. Pretty sure ive seen some of them smoke 400exs on an mx track back in the day. You guys are in no place to argue.

All comes down to the rider....

TheLane
05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83

im in the PERFECT place to argue! im on a forum. :devil:

trailrider894
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
im in the PERFECT place to argue! im on a forum. :devil:

Ha ha its easy for people to say stuff, while hiding behind a computer screen.... Its different to be out there racing and winning agaisnt these machines....

nkillian9
05-27-2011, 03:35 AM
if it was me id go with the ltz kfx or the artic cat dvx they all have the same motor and are watercooled, im not downing the 400 ex by no means the are a honda and hondas are known to be reliable, ive just never delt with them, and as far as the raptor 400ex debate goes i have one question How old are you guys? just seems childish to argue about this kinda things we all get on our quads and have a good time is that not wut riding is about?

trailrider894
05-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by nkillian9
if it was me id go with the ltz kfx or the artic cat dvx they all have the same motor and are watercooled, im not downing the 400 ex by no means the are a honda and hondas are known to be reliable, ive just never delt with them, and as far as the raptor 400ex debate goes i have one question How old are you guys? just seems childish to argue about this kinda things we all get on our quads and have a good time is that not wut riding is about?

I agree with you totally... For me personally, its just Tommy that I don't like...

chucked
05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
One time there was a kid on a 300ex beating guys on 450s. Therefore I conclude 300ex's are the best quad in the world.

trailrider894
05-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by chucked
One time there was a kid on a 300ex beating guys on 450s. Therefore I conclude 300ex's are the best quad in the world.

Lol the 300ex is pretty awesome, not gonna lie.... they make excellent national quads for mx.

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
I agree with you totally... For me personally, its just Tommy that I don't like...

awww does somebody need a hug?:rolleyes:

finsteratv
05-27-2011, 08:33 AM
hah...children..lets play nice now and quit the bashing! my friends dad has a duned out raptor and even he said thats about all its good for..i enjoy seeing him corner hehe :p
BTW 300ex can be a killer all around bike

tri5ron
05-27-2011, 08:46 AM
my wifes 250ex is the best quad ever made because,... well,... it's my wifes :D

but my daughters trx90 will beat the pants off of everybody here, because it's got 538 hp worth of Pink Flaming Butterfly stickers !
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/2006%20TRX90%20Quad/IMG_9428.jpg

I bet you guys can't catch "Massive Air" like this ! (I hope she doesn't bottom it out too hard)
:blah:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/2006%20TRX90%20Quad/IMG_9284.jpg

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 09:30 AM
she can really launch that bad boy:D

TheLane
05-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I just dont like raptors. :(

They hurt people.. like myself.

nkillian9
05-27-2011, 10:21 AM
yeah well there aint many here that likes polaris outlaws either in fact the ktm motor is the only reason id own one as much as i myself dislike raptors id pick it over the outlaw lol

nkillian9
05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
but then agian i hate to stoop to yalls level haha

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 11:10 AM
yeah well there aint many here that likes polaris outlaws either in fact the ktm motor is the only reason id own one as much as i myself dislike raptors id pick it over the outlaw lol

are you saying we all have our own opinion?:eek: somebody ban this guy for saying such nonsense:D

rule #1 of the forum...your only allowed to like whatever quad is in your sig. any other quad is a pile of crap.

rule #2 MX is the only type of riding acceptable in the forum. If you enjoy trail riding you are considered completly insane and are a disappointment to the atv community. (If your user name is trailrider and all you care/talk about is MX this is acceptable)

rule #3 any atv over 450cc is considered to tall, heavy, and uncontrollable, these machines require much more skill to be driven at high speeds therefore they are not acceptable by any means.

rule#4 If you have a 400cc atv you are allowed to lead people to believe it is as fast as a 450. although 400cc atvs are designed primarily for trail use you are not allowed to use it as such. Anybody caught trail riding a 400cc atv will be slandered upon imediately. even though trail riding a 450 class atv is acceptable.

trailrider894
05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
are you saying we all have our own opinion?:eek: somebody ban this guy for saying such nonsense:D

rule #1 of the forum...your only allowed to like whatever quad is in your sig. any other quad is a pile of crap.

rule #2 MX is the only type of riding acceptable in the forum. If you enjoy trail riding you are considered completly insane and are a disappointment to the atv community. (If your user name is trailrider and all you care/talk about is MX this is acceptable)

rule #3 any atv over 450cc is considered to tall, heavy, and uncontrollable, these machines require much more skill to be driven at high speeds therefore they are not acceptable by any means.

rule#4 If you have a 400cc atv you are allowed to lead people to believe it is as fast as a 450. although 400cc atvs are designed primarily for trail use you are not allowed to use it as such. Anybody caught trail riding a 400cc atv will be slandered upon imediately. even though trail riding a 450 class atv is acceptable.

Hmmmm.... All i ever talk is MX, because that is what i am taking on this season.... two years ago i fell out of trail riding because i no longer had anywhere to ride. I still love trails, and would race them again in a heart beat!!!!!!!

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Hmmmm.... All i ever talk is MX, because that is what i am taking on this season.... two years ago i fell out of trail riding because i no longer had anywhere to ride. I still love trails, and would race them again in a heart beat!!!!!!!

good stuff................

trailrider894
05-27-2011, 12:00 PM
good stuff................

Yep, you must keep in mind, this site is called EX riders... So people will be biased in general.

TheLane
05-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Like I said lol, I don't love my outlaw, but I got such a good deal on it I took it ( much to my own dismay)

But being 130 lbs it's a much better fit for
My small frame than a top heavy craptor.

And trails are for losers....Jk Jk!!

You guys take me too serious, my sig is a freaking chipmunk!

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Like I said lol, I don't love my outlaw, but I got such a good deal on it I took it ( much to my own dismay)

But being 130 lbs it's a much better fit for
My small frame than a top heavy craptor.

And trails are for losers....Jk Jk!!

You guys take me too serious, my sig is a freaking chipmunk!

awww your just a tiny little thing:D I'm 6'3 190lbs so I have no problem man handling a craptor.

I used to have a 300ex thats what brought me to the site but now all I can do is come for general atv information on the open forum because there is no forum for the raptor 660 on here:mad:

In all reality though we should all get along no matter what we ride. We all love atv's and thats what we are here for. People joke and kid about ford this and chevy that, but when you joke about 400ex this outlaw that people get really butt hurt. I don't care if you ride a moto 4. I like to talk about quading and I was trying to help a guy out who wanted a new quad. who knows he might a have bought a raptor and liked it....he might have bought a 400ex and hated it...or visa versa...

beastlywarrior
05-27-2011, 12:28 PM

bahaha best post yet

TheLane
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
awww your just a tiny little thing:D I'm 6'3 190lbs so I have no problem man handling a craptor.

I used to have a 300ex thats what brought me to the site but now all I can do is come for general atv information on the open forum because there is no forum for the raptor 660 on here:mad:

In all reality though we should all get along no matter what we ride. We all love atv's and thats what we are here for. People joke and kid about ford this and chevy that, but when you joke about 400ex this outlaw that people get really butt hurt. I don't care if you ride a moto 4. I like to talk about quading and I was trying to help a guy out who wanted a new quad. who knows he might a have bought a raptor and liked it....he might have bought a 400ex and hated it...or visa versa...

Amen!.... Besides not all of us Can have good taste! :P

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Amen!.... Besides not all of us Can have good taste! :P

Don't worry your polaris will blow apart soon enough and then you can get a mans bike:D :blah: :macho

TheLane
05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Don't worry your polaris will blow apart soon enough and then you can get a mans bike:D :blah: :macho

So sad.........:( so true.........:(

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
you can upgrade to a phoenix:blah:

TheLane
05-27-2011, 05:24 PM
you can upgrade to a phoenix:blah:

lol!!! well... you could upgrade to an outlaw :P

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 07:11 PM
lol!!! well... you could upgrade to an outlaw :P

I'd rather push a yamaha than ride a polaris.. but you probably spend more time pushing that polaris home right?:muscle: :bandit:

TheLane
05-27-2011, 08:12 PM
they arent as bad as everyone thinks they are!

all the non polaris parts rock!

Ktm motor, keihen (sp?) carb, magura hydraulic clutch.....and everything else breaks at regular 2 ride intervals.

Tommy Warren
05-27-2011, 08:19 PM
birds fly over polaris dealerships upside down...nothing worth chitting on:eek:

nkillian9
05-28-2011, 01:47 AM
birds fly over polaris dealerships upside down...nothing worth chitting on:eek:

Now thats good stuff, im just screwing around with u man polaris is doing wut they can, doug eichner sure seems to like them. And hes a beast, and dont forget darrell rath has alot of repect for the outlaw, other than suspension and frame its pretty much a ktm without some of the frills

Tommy Warren
05-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I've actaully heard good things about the 2wd polaris and the snowmobile...but the 4wd is nothing but trouble

TheLane
05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Now thats good stuff, im just screwing around with u man polaris is doing wut they can, doug eichner sure seems to like them. And hes a beast, and dont forget darrell rath has alot of repect for the outlaw, other than suspension and frame its pretty much a ktm without some of the frills

And the exaust, all the brake components, and electrical. And ignition.

I have had problems with all of the above lol.

nkillian9
05-30-2011, 09:05 AM
they all have their problems, i got an ltr and like half of them out there ive had to replace third gear in mine other than that its been a beast tho

fastredrider44
05-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Wow. Real mature guys

Tommy Warren
05-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Wow. Real mature guys :huh okay.......:rolleyes: