PDA

View Full Version : What motor gncc

jakesdad6
05-24-2011, 09:08 AM
We race harescrambles on a drr 70 it had a stage 6 pro race cylinder pvl over range and pcs pipe. My son at first that it was fast but says he wants to go faster. I was wondering what the gncc or other harescramble guys are running. Reliability is key when you race for 45 to an hr but there got to be something faster. Thanks

fomospede
05-24-2011, 09:32 AM
youve got plenty of motor if tuned up right, how big of carb?

you did fail to discuss suspension

that may be worth discussing?

jakesdad6
05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
28mm carb and Elka shocks with ressys standard travel.

nastynotchback1
05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
My son's bike has a stage 6 pro race set-up and it's pretty fast.Not as fast as some but it does well.We don't race gncc but i think it could run in the top 10 as far as power goes.

chunky0071
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by
nastynotchback1
My son's bike has a stage 6 pro race set-up and it's pretty fast.Not as fast as some but it does well.We don't race gncc but i think it could run in the top 10 as far as power goes.

YA well the rider helps alot to. And your rider is pretty good sorry to hear about your trany.

nastynotchback1
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071
YA well the rider helps alot to. And your rider is pretty good sorry to hear about your trany.

thanks for the props.He does what he can.Got the tranny fixed but the little pro race cyl just was not good enough to beat that polini for the the championship.tanner and ben rode there butts off but in the end the polini had what it took to win.owell let's see what we can do next season with a r/t set-up:D

How did yall do at the harescrambles?

jakesdad6
05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
mY son normally has the fastest lap times it just he can't keep from crashing out he rides real aggresive and doesn't always make the smartest judgement. But he says he wants it to be faster cuz when he trys to pass he can't cuz they just punch it and they stay even. ( the words of a 8 year old) which polini cylinder are you running against are they reliable

chunky0071
05-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
thanks for the props.He does what he can.Got the tranny fixed but the little pro race cyl just was not good enough to beat that polini for the the championship.tanner and ben rode there butts off but in the end the polini had what it took to win.owell let's see what we can do next season with a r/t set-up:D

How did yall do at the harescrambles?

Tanner got 2nd came back from 4th after a pit stop Dylan took 1st that was his first XC win.

nastynotchback1
05-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by jakesdad6
mY son normally has the fastest lap times it just he can't keep from crashing out he rides real aggresive and doesn't always make the smartest judgement. But he says he wants it to be faster cuz when he trys to pass he can't cuz they just punch it and they stay even. ( the words of a 8 year old) which polini cylinder are you running against are they reliable

He said it is an evo-3.He has had no problem all season with it and it runs real strong.

nastynotchback1
05-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Tanner got 2nd came back from 4th after a pit stop Dylan took 1st that was his first XC win.

Thats good to hear.We may try one of these races out sometime in the future.

You should have seen how hard dylan rode sat.Something got into him.

cobra11
05-30-2011, 10:03 AM
sorry i don't get on here much you can call me 336-688-3108.