PDA

View Full Version : Parting out a z400???

JBENSON
05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I have a tricked out z 400. It has all the goodies, im thing about selling it or parting it out, 435 big bore w/cams, Elka shocks, Janssen a-arms & swing arm, full exhaust, IMS tank w/dry brake, ect.... you name it and it has it. I know they are not worth much anymore, but my question is to sell it cheap as one unit or try to part it out and get more money out of it that way. Im wanting to upgrade to a stock ltr 450. I dont race anymore and a stock ltr with a few small mods and its ready to go.
Give me your input guys.

finsteratv
05-23-2011, 09:31 PM
id put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff if you have that much into it.

SRH
05-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JBENSON
I have a tricked out z 400. It has all the goodies, im thing about selling it or parting it out, 435 big bore w/cams, Elka shocks, Janssen a-arms & swing arm, full exhaust, IMS tank w/dry brake, ect.... you name it and it has it. I know they are not worth much anymore, but my question is to sell it cheap as one unit or try to part it out and get more money out of it that way. Im wanting to upgrade to a stock ltr 450. I dont race anymore and a stock ltr with a few small mods and its ready to go.
Give me your input guys.

off topic but i think i bought some brute force parts off you on ebay brute head you let me have for cheap ...had a broken exhaust stud , got you saved as a fav seller im pretty sure

Flynbryan19
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
I remember this quad.... it was NICE! Your best bet is to part out the aftermarket stuff and sell the quad stock. Theres still lots of guys that buy up used stuff and you'll get the most money this way.

JBENSON
05-24-2011, 06:57 PM
I sold the stock a-arms and shocks, so I cant return it to stock. This would be a perfect quad for the GNCC sport class, it would just need a stock cylinder put back on it to return it back to a 400. I will try to post some pics.