PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 axle carrier makes popping sound?

zukirder93
05-23-2011, 08:16 PM
I have an 07 yfz and the chain was a little loose so i tightened it back into spec. When I began to ride it the axle carrier was making a popping like sound. I noticed that as the chain and sprockets turned forward that the chain would get tighter and then looser. It did this before I tightened it but did not make a popping sound. Someone told me it may be my carrier bearing. The rear sprocket doesn't seem to be bent but I haven't had alot of time to mess with it because of school and work. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be before I go spend a bunch of money on parts that aren't the problem?

BakerRacing40
05-25-2011, 10:35 PM
very possible that it is your bearing carrier but i'm thinkin your chain is probably the stock chain? well stock or not if your chain is stretched and is not meshing with your sprockets correctly and causing a binding issue much like you've explained. i'd take the chain off and spin the axle and make sure that it rolls smooth, if so i'd look into a new chain and sprockets....

mxpimp2000
05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
its about to blow out. best change the bearings before it blows out because when they blow out your in for WAY more money cause it will ruin the housing. Ive done it twice both times it was popping and i ignored it :ermm: