PDA

View Full Version : New Camaro ZL1

exrider12
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1/#image1

Check this thing out.. Iv never liked the new camaros until now. What are your thoughts on this verse the Shelby GT500?

sexysilverado45
05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
nice but my question is what makes this camaro different from others. It looks the same just different motor.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-24-2011, 12:56 AM
They're only making 69 of them just like the '69 ZL1.

quadmom110
05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
If I was to buy a new Camaro this is what I would want.
http://www.camaro5.com/new-2011-baldwin-motion-camaros-announced-up-to-800hp-model

muddy400EX
05-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
nice but my question is what makes this camaro different from others. It looks the same just different motor.

uhh, you mean besides the supercharged 550 hp motor???

Kickstarts-suck
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
So now what will all the Chevy guys excuses be..

Before it was "Ford has to use a supercharger to make it fast Chevy doesn't"

:p

FHKracingZ
05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Thats because fords fast car was the mustang GT500 which is the biggest 550hp turd ever made. 550hp and it runs a 12.4 in the quater. congrats chevys c5 z06 did that with 400hp and it was 15k cheaper. Dont mention the ford gt. thats a 250k car, o yea you know the 250k car that had a recall for the alluminum frames that were all broke. haha ford is junk

bens250ex
05-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Thats because fords fast car was the mustang GT500 which is the biggest 550hp turd ever made. 550hp and it runs a 12.4 in the quater. congrats chevys c5 z06 did that with 400hp and it was 15k cheaper. Dont mention the ford gt. thats a 250k car, o yea you know the 250k car that had a recall for the alluminum frames that were all broke. haha ford is junk

:rolleyes:

Rich250RRacer
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
haha ford is junk

And they make the UGLIEST pickup on the face of the Earth. I love how they updated the look of the new Super Duty. Throw a ****load of gaudy chrome at the front end and see what sticks. If I were forced to own one, I'd run it into a brick wall just to make it look better.

250x_kyle
05-25-2011, 11:50 PM
should have seen this going down hill fast. not replacement for displacement. everyone liked differnt things leave it be. i mean honestly if you have enough money to blow on a car like that for a toy and youd spend a ton of extra money for a super charger out of the box it just means you cant build a motor.

ProspectorJim
05-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
should have seen this going down hill fast. not replacement for displacement. everyone liked differnt things leave it be. i mean honestly if you have enough money to blow on a car like that for a toy and youd spend a ton of extra money for a super charger out of the box it just means you cant build a motor.

With cars like the ZL1 youre paying for the Vin number than you are for performance honestly.

Canadian144
05-26-2011, 07:16 AM
All the domestic automakers seem to be finally stepping up their sports car game. I have to say, I don't like the roofline on the Camaro... it has to be my biggest beef with the car. The windows look like they are about a foot high at most. Sitting in one, it's like sitting in a bathtub.

Being an import guy, it still isn't enough to sway me over. But it definitely is impressive.

250x_kyle
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
With cars like the ZL1 youre paying for the Vin number than you are for performance honestly.

true but if im going to spend the money on a car id prefer wanting to drive it more then once a year rather then let it sit so i can sale it some day for more then i paid.

bbender85
05-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
true but if im going to spend the money on a car id prefer wanting to drive it more then once a year rather then let it sit so i can sale it some day for more then i paid.

i totally agree... but that's some people's thing. with the heritage of the camaro they'll sell them all easily, to those people. so more power to 'em.

as far as others saying ford is junk, that's an ignorant statement. pony cars aren't all about 1/4 mile times.. :rolleyes: look into the new boss 302 documentary on speed channel.

Kickstarts-suck
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Wow didn't mean to turn it into a Ford vs Chevy argument..

bbender85
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
lol! i am by no means a ford die-hard, just cracks me up when people say brand x is total junk. :)

Kickstarts-suck
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
lol! i am by no means a ford die-hard, just cracks me up when people say brand x is total junk. :)

I hate that too. Mostly little kids on youtube that cant even drive. But I would expect that from them. Not adults acting like children.

Im not a Chevy fan but if you are that's cool. Doesn't bother me.

FHKracingZ
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Hmm not a child here. I just think fords are junk because I have had a bad experience with them. Am I suppose to base my opinion on what you think? Wouldnt be an opinion.

I also think fords are junk because I worked at a fab shop where we built rigging beds for pipe welders on a regular basis. All of the new fords the back left frame rail running under the bed is crooked 1/4'' from from to back and they shim the box for it. There is no reason that should be that way. I do give for props for not taking a bail out from the government and their stock shows that on the market. Good business and marketing company, I just think their products are poorly designed. Again just my opinion.

With that said, you mentioned a pony car. The newer mustang (05+) are based off of the LTD chassis and are horribly handling cars from the factory. Ill give ford props on the new 5.0 , its an impressive motor. About time they put something out, first time since they have put out something on a LSx level in years.

250x_kyle
05-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
I hate that too. Mostly little kids on youtube that cant even drive. But I would expect that from them. Not adults acting like children.

Im not a Chevy fan but if you are that's cool. Doesn't bother me.

if it has 8 cylinders runs on gas and the car shakes at idle i dont care what make it is. but for a gas engine im partial to the sbc. however ive rode in and drove a few nice fords.