PDA

View Full Version : Shock Length

mkeane
05-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Can someone tell me what the rear shock length would be for an ATV Four Play +1 swing arm?

EthansDad
05-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey Mike,

I don't know exactly, but you should be able to measure that and work with your shock builder to get the right length shock for your setup. I found out from working with motowoz, they usually prefer or at least test with the linkage style of one or two different setups and should know what works best for that combo. They also told me to put the swinger on with no shock and with the quad off the ground measure eye to eye length. from there with that length and their knowledge of how that swinger performs, they were able to recommend the right shock length.

I'm sure most of the other shock companies should be able to do the same, but worth a call to one of them. there are a lot of different length shocks that will fit, but not all will be the best setup for your ride.

missed seeing you guys at the last round, mend up soon will ya!

T@AFP
05-24-2011, 07:35 AM
PM sent Mike

Tom

skyeryder
05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
hey Tom can you send me that pm also, we bought a mini that has your swinger on it with Elka shocks we've backed the preload off alot and still don't have the ride height we want, going to take it to my shock builder soon but saw this post and thought I'd get your thoughts