PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco + hotrods stroker +4

Cpt_killem
05-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Ok so i am building up a 400 and i just got a new sleeve and its stock bore size.

When i got it sleeved they asked what kind of piston i was going to use i sayed i was planning on getting a wiseco standard bore, so my sleeve is honed out exactly for a wiseco pison.

Anyways what would it take for me to run the hotrods +4 crank? i know stronger studs but thats really it. hah but can i run stock bore and do i have to do anything to my head? and what all do i have to do to make it work?

Thanks for any help

ridehonda400ex
05-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I would say a cam would be neccessary. A stage 3 Hotcam would be good since they are stroker cams

JOHNDOE83
05-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Generally, when you buy a +4mm hot rods stroker crank you also have to use a hot rods piston.

It is possible to get everything machined to work and ALOT of guys in the ATV drag racing world run stock bore motors with stroker cranks but if its mis-matched and custom fabed to fit and make work, even if its done correctly, it will lose reliability.

Im a big fan of do it yourself custom projects, just look through some of my threads and you can see that Im all for what your trying to do...lol.

But in my opinion, you should get matched parts instead of trying to use different parts. Look at it this way, either way you go, your still halfway to a stroker motor!!!!

drew416ex
05-23-2011, 08:33 PM
If you want to use a stock bore piston I would suggest sending your stock crank to powroll. They will stroke it and put a shorter rod on it allowing you to use pretty much any piston made for the 400. You will however have to get the skirt shaved a bit to clear the crank, but other than that theres nothing to it.

Cpt_killem
05-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by drew416ex
If you want to use a stock bore piston I would suggest sending your stock crank to powroll. They will stroke it and put a shorter rod on it allowing you to use pretty much any piston made for the 400. You will however have to get the skirt shaved a bit to clear the crank, but other than that theres nothing to it.

I would do that but my crank is scored and i need a new one thats one of the main reasons im re-making the bike.

But also yeah stage 3 hotcam is sounding like the way to go.

also just out of curisioty what is the other half to a stroker engine? Yeah im kinda dumb

and what would the cc's end up equal out to?

the questions just keep rollin ha is there anything else thats needed to put
the +4mm hot rods stroker crank in? any head work bottem end shaving or anything or is it basically ok to go?

SHIFTx450
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
How do these motors set up stroked and stg3 cammed pull? Is it a top end bike or does it put out good all around power and raw torque?

drew416ex
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
How do these motors set up stroked and stg3 cammed pull? Is it a top end bike or does it put out good all around power and raw torque?

My 440 pulls hard from idle to the rev limit.