PDA

View Full Version : G/F's 250ex...

strubby
05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
So, got the g/f her own quad finally and she loves it. Could get her to ride my KFX too much, it scared her. But now she likes to ride more than me! Anyways, I looked at the FAQ's and there's a lot of good info in there. I don't want to spend too much on the bike, in case she decides to move up. So, I was thinking flip the front wheels, spacers in rear, maybe a different rear shock (Shee or 300ex), pop off the airbox lid, remove the baffle and rejet. There is only jetting suggestions for full pipe and no lid that I could see on the FAQs, anyone have suggestions for no baffle/lid? I'll probably order enough jets to do several setups from Jets R Us or something. Any other suggestions? I wouldn't mind picking up a used set of nerfs either. Thanks for any pointers.

Edit: There's a Uni filter on the bike now, but I'd like to change that to a K&N since that's what I use on the KFX. Is there a univeral filter than will fit? The 'TRX250ex' model is quite expensive.

jshtex
05-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Honestly I would leave it stock until she needs more power then look at moving her up. My daughter races one XC and the best thing we have done is the banshee front shock on the rear. It is a direct bolt on and takes the stiffness of the stock shock out of it. You can pick them up cheap on eBay.

strubby
05-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jshtex
Honestly I would leave it stock until she needs more power then look at moving her up. My daughter races one XC and the best thing we have done is the banshee front shock on the rear. It is a direct bolt on and takes the stiffness of the stock shock out of it. You can pick them up cheap on eBay.

Thanks for the info. I think the Banshee shock would be good for her too, since she's only 98 lbs and doesn't jump or really beat the bike. I ended up picking up a used HMF full for less than half price, so I'll run that with the lid off. I wanted to widen the bike just because she was trying to keep up around turns and bicycled it, scaring her. We all ride 450s... and ride 'slow' with her, but I think making it more stable would make it easier for her to keep up. It doesn't need to be faster, just a little more stable...