PDA

View Full Version : 07 problems

BoneStockHonda
05-23-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm planning on going to look at a 07 ER sometime this week. I was just wondering what some common problems are to look for. The only thing I know of is that the 06+ have tranny issues. Anything else?

HurleyBraaap
05-27-2011, 01:25 PM
i just had to replace my one way clutch in it but mines stock other then a big gun pipe i also just put on...i would go for it man there a good reliable quad!

sunco
06-01-2011, 05:28 AM
The starter thing, other than that our 07's have been fine

PRICE302
06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
+1 on "the starter thing" lol. The starter clutch tends to go out on them. Just be sure to start it in neutral without using the gas and you should be ok.

johnsoninc86
06-10-2011, 07:52 AM
call the guy and ask if you could do an oil change for him, or atleast let you pull the oil filter out to take a look at it. That will tell you a lot about the condition of the crankshaft and internal motor parts. Look for shavings. All years 450rs have crankshaft issues, so this is really important when looking at used ones.

Also, check all the bearings, wiggle everything while its off the ground. Check to see how cleant the air filter is, this will also tell you a lot about how the guy took care of it. Good luck!